cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Credit Card Design your own card for FREE Feature/Review of the card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Secured Credit Card Design your own card for FREE Feature/Review of the card

I don't know if anyone has noted this or not if they have I am sorry for addressing it again. I just noticed last night that Capital One secured allows you to design your own credit card for free. Which is awesome but one think I thought was even better is that they allow you to change the design every 30 days if you want to which can be cool for those of us fashion oriented people. We could get a design specifically for fall then one for summer, spring and winter. They have an awesome selection of images already avaliable to you, and you can also upload your own image and get it placed on your card. I thought this was awesome I always thought this would be an extra you had to pay for with most cards; I certainly didnt expect to have the option with a secured credit card! I'm loving my Capital One Platinum Secured so far. There mobile apps work very well in my opinion I love the wallet app, you have the option to freeze your card from the app if you expect fraud or loose it. The app also gives you the option to do touch to pay (which I thought was another prime feature, only offered with well known cards) Your transactions are also shown instantly in the app; the app also shows you avaliable credit and the current amount of credit you are using. They also offer text and email alerts that you can set up through your online account. I have mine set to text me for any transaction over 10$, to notify me 2 days before my payment is due; and to also send me a daily statement showing how much I owe; I feel like there are a few other text alerts I have set up also. The card is chip and signature which I assume you guys already know. In your account there is also a link to press to request a credit limit increase I don't exactly know how that would work since the card is secured but who knows maybe they would grant you a limit increase? You also get 0 dollar fraud liability extended warranty and Road side assistance. Most cards have that so not to exciting you can also pay your bill directly from the mobile app and my payments made before 8pm have always posted just after midnight if I'm not mistaken. I havent had to talk to their customer service so I can't speak for that. I assume its just about as good as Capital One 360's customer services and theres is pretty awesome. 

Guys feel free to post comments and questions and first hand experiences with the card below. I would've loved to know all I know now when I first applied even after reading several reviews from severial sites these beneifits werent ever listed. If you also have questions about 360 checking let me know I use it as my secondary bank its totally free and you get .20% interest on your money the debit card is Chip and Pin btw which is why I carry it everywhere along with my credit card and leave my main banks debit card at home; sadly my main bank isnt up to date and only have magnetic strip debit cards Smiley Sad

Im really loving this community and sight so far you guys are so helpful and I want to do my best to help you all out as much as I can by contributing the knowledge I have gained through my one month journey into credit.

If you don't have credit yet I don't recommend trying for store cards even if reviews say they are easy to get; I may have went for some of the harder to get ones I dont know but either way I was deneid by both Comenity and Synchrony for store cards looking back i would have spent those inquires on secured cards from credit unions. I'm hoping to get into Justice Federal Credit Union and to get there secured credit card; I'm mainly looking into them because they have the lowest starting limit I've saw you can start with a 100$ deposit into the savings account and the interest rate is 16.90% if I'm not mistaken. If any of you have experience with there secured card please let me know. You can join Justice Federal Credit Union by joining the National Sheriffs Association for only 15$ I just had to submit an application over email to get the 15$ citizen rate. Also hoping for State Department Federal Credit Union I've applied but havent hear back yet the 7.24% interest rate is what has me so interested I'd love to get in with them on the secured credit card front then later once I have good credit get the unsecured card with the 7.24% interest rate. As far as I know both do a hard credit inquiry I know for sure that Justice Federal does because I had to check a box saying they could do a hard credit inquiry while singing up for the savings account; im currently awaiting approval from them. 

Thanks so much for all of your help!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.