Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture MasterCard Design?

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Capital One Venture MasterCard Design?

Does anyone with a venture or venture one mastercard know if the card has the newer design made of metal with the logo on the back? Thank you.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Venture MasterCard Design?

Unless something changed, the metal venture cards was only a limited pilot run.  While the quicksilver and maybe venture/venture one used to have MC versions, they no longer do.  All new ones are Visa to the best of my knowledge.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish. If they did, it would just get my hopes up even more

Message 3 of 9
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

I bet he's asking because he's probably looking to PC his WEMC QuickSilver to a WEMC Venture.

I thought I read somewhere that they were going to proceed w/ metal cards sometime in the near future. Maybe I was day dreaming.
Message 4 of 9
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I'm asking for a friend with Quicksilver WMC but really wants a metal card. I used to have Venture and it featured a strange design for the WEMC version. This was over a year ago, now have Quicksilver embossed. Unfortunately most people won't see this topic that might have a Venture MC because it was moved here :/

Message 5 of 9
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:
Does anyone with a venture or venture one mastercard know if the card has the newer design made of metal with the logo on the back? Thank you.

I have been told by a "supervisor" that the metal card program was a trial and no longer available.

My Venture MC is a World MC and has the logo on the front with the word WORLD above it.

Nice looking card.

I was also told that there is no Elite World MasterCard for the Venture.  Only the GM card.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 6 of 9
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless something changed, the metal venture cards was only a limited pilot run.  While the quicksilver and maybe venture/venture one used to have MC versions, they no longer do.  All new ones are Visa to the best of my knowledge.

If you were upgraded from QS MC to Venture you get a Venture MC.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 7 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

I have been told by a "supervisor" that the metal card program was a trial and no longer available.

My Venture MC is a World MC and has the logo on the front with the word WORLD above it.

Nice looking card.

I was also told that there is no Elite World MasterCard for the Venture.  Only the GM card.

The Venture WEMC is still around (a family member has one and was upgraded via invite less than 2 years ago - not metal though).  IIRC, it appears the WEMC upgrade invitations are either not as frequent/hit or miss or no longer being offered.

mxp114 - my old Venture is a WMC, flat card design with the CC# and MC logo on the front.  I have only seen one metal Venture VS in person thus far, but no one knows for sure if those would ever be available to the masses.

Message 8 of 9
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info everyone. For whatever reason, only the Visa can be metal and have the info on the back. I saw a pic of the back of a VS once, looked very unique but can't find the pic again.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.