cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!

Count me as another victim of CapitalOne **bleep**ty customer service. Called to request the metal card and was told no. I will close the card next week once all my charge posts and I pay the final bill.

Hate to say it but even if 5/24, Chase is still the best in term of customer service and card offerings.

Now that the Amazon Prime card is metal and I have the excellent Citi DC card free, hard to keep these paid cards if they are not metal. Not to mention the redeeming option is so limited.

Message 31 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you try calling for a replacement card and seeing what comes?

Capital One isn't known much for being proactive as much as they are reactive.
Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add some information for anyone still curious, I asked an online chat rep if I could get a metal card replacement for my current Venture card, to which she replied with:

Her: "The card will be sent only for the new applications."

Me: "So there's essentially no way for me to get the metal design?"

Her: "You can apply for a new card. We are working on it and it'll be available soon for the existing customers too."

When I asked her if she had any idea when that would be, she said she didn't have that information. Still somewhat promising nonetheless!

Message 33 of 39
mxp114
Valued Contributor

The industry wants consumers to be more loyal but there's no real incentive to stay especially with things like this. It should've launched for existing first if they had to choose. I have the Mastercard edition and I guess the metal is Visa Signature only. They really should do both versions.

Message 34 of 39
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to add some information for anyone still curious, I asked an online chat rep if I could get a metal card replacement for my current Venture card, to which she replied with:

Her: "The card will be sent only for the new applications."

Me: "So there's essentially no way for me to get the metal design?"

Her: "You can apply for a new card. We are working on it and it'll be available soon for the existing customers too."

When I asked her if she had any idea when that would be, she said she didn't have that information. Still somewhat promising nonetheless!

Good to know that exsisting cardholders will eventually get a metal card.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 35 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a chat with online rep and he told me my account was eligible for a metal replacement. Advised me to call 866-381-0451. Called them, got transferred couple of times and finally representative ended up ordering a replacement metal card for me. Time to cut off some plastic. Yeahhhh!!!!

Message 36 of 39
sjt
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

How long have you had your Venture card for?
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just been over 6 months. Pretty much use it on each and every purchase.

Message 38 of 39
sjt
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the replay and info.

My friend called the number on the back of his card and got a metal card.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.