Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!

Epic Contributor

Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!

38 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!

oooh...shiny...

Valued Contributor

Oh boy...

Gardening until September 2018
Next app: Mortgage in September 2018
Regular Contributor

" This update doesn’t affect existing cardholders; if you already have the card it’ll be replaced with a plastic one when it expires. "

I wonder if this was a typo ? Maybe they meant if you already have the card it will be replaced with a " METAL " one when it expires ? hmmmm..

Valued Contributor

metech wrote:

" This update doesn’t affect existing cardholders; if you already have the card it’ll be replaced with a plastic one when it expires. "

I wonder if this was a typo ? Maybe they meant if you already have the card it will be replaced with a " METAL " one when it expires ? hmmmm..

Hmm, I wonder if it's only for new cardholders? Current cardholders need to order replacements to get some datapoints.

Regular Contributor

Discover2016 wrote:

metech wrote:

Hmm, I wonder if it's only for new cardholders? Current cardholders need to order replacements to get some datapoints.

I just noticed how beat up and damaged my venture card is. I ordered a replacement. Will report back in 2-3 business days when it arrives.    ;-)

Valued Contributor

Good info..thanks!!

AmexPlat(NPSL) Amex BCP(26k) BofA CR Siggy(15k) NFCU CLOC(15K) NFCU VS Cash(12.5K) Venture WMC(10.25k) Walmart(10k) BofA BBR(10k) Lowes(10K) Discover(8.5k) Chase FU(7k) Pier 1(6.5k) BB Visa(6k) Care Credit (6k) J Crew(5.9k) Citi Diamond(5.5k) Barclaycard(5k) PenFed PCR(5K) Kohls(3k) Mortgage May 2017 - 2 Penfed auto loans May 2017

FICO 8 Scores EX 680(15) EQ 669(17)TU 692(18) AAOA 3.0yrs TCL=167,150
Contributor

This card is so heavy it might break the table in half when I throw the card down at dinner! (lol)

AMEX Everyday $34,400 | CSP $13,000 | Discover IT $31,500 | Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier $16,000 | Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus $4,500 | CU Visa $7,000
EX Score 8- 752 (as of 4/29/17)
TU Score 8- 748 (as of 5/5/17)
EQ Score 5- 732 (as of 4/4/17)
Valued Contributor

Looks like the company that manufactures the card (Compo) is the same company that makes the Sapphire, United Club etc, I wonder if they will roll out this newer slightly heavier design to those cards.

Super Contributor

Can i exchange my soon to arrive Chase Amazon for this? Maybe the metal will be heavier to handle the heavier cls Smiley Wink