cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!

Beautiful! About time Capital One got a metal card!

Message 11 of 39
kdm31091
Super Contributor

While I still don't think this card is really worth it beyond a sign up bonus, it's nice to see Capital One trying. I don't really care if a card is metal or not; it spends the same. But for some people this is a nice perk.
Message 12 of 39
happypill
Valued Contributor

I guess the testing they did last year resulted in a product.  Will be interested to see if its available to existing card holders.

I always thought that the Quicksilver could look really good as a metal card.  It already has that kind of brushed gunmetal type look, so if they could actually make it out of metal it could be really cool.

Message 13 of 39
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Old news. Smiley Very Happy I've had my metal ventures for nearly 2 years now. Still good to know they are making this widely available now.

metal-ventures.jpg

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 14 of 39
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/02/venture-rewards-card-metal-design/

Now to get one of these and PC it to A Quicksilver, so I can get the QS Visa Signature I've always wanted, lol Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/02/venture-rewards-card-metal-design/

hmmmnnn...

"It’s unclear how long this promotion will run, so sign up sooner than later if you’re interested"

Limited Time?

Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

" This update doesn’t affect existing cardholders; if you already have the card it’ll be replaced with a plastic one when it expires. "

I wonder if this was a typo ? Maybe they meant if you already have the card it will be replaced with a " METAL " one when it expires ? hmmmm..

Hmm, I wonder if it's only for new cardholders? Current cardholders need to order replacements to get some datapoints.

I just noticed how beat up and damaged my venture card is. I ordered a replacement. Will report back in 2-3 business days when it arrives.    ;-)

Based on the text of the article, I predict you will still receive a plastic card - however fear not, for there is hope...

You can still get a metal credit card!  Smiley Tongue

Edit:  I forgot to link the soundtrack for how you will feel with your stylish new Metal Credit Card!

Message 17 of 39
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I'm likely in the minority, but I'm just as intrigued by the network switch (back) to Visa as I am the composition of the card.

I checked the website, and Venture is, indeed now offered as a Visa Signature, however the QS is still WEMC.  spock.gif

One could get whiplash trying to keep up with what network which card is offered on.  Smiley SurprisedSmiley Tongue

Message 18 of 39
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I'm likely in the minority, but I'm just as intrigued by the network switch (back) to Visa as I am the composition of the card.

I checked the website, and Venture is, indeed now offered as a Visa Signature, however the QS is still WEMC.  spock.gif

One could get whiplash trying to keep up with what network which card is offered on.  Smiley SurprisedSmiley Tongue

I'm with you UncleB.  Unless I am misread it, it looks like they went from Visa to Mastercard to Visa again.  I wonder what is motivating that?  I am also wondering if the Venture One will also go back to Visa or if it will end up being a situation like QS where the same card family has different networks.

Message 19 of 39
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@deltatee wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I'm with you UncleB.  Unless I am misread it, it looks like they went from Visa to Mastercard to Visa again.  I wonder what is motivating that?  I am also wondering if the Venture One will also go back to Visa or if it will end up being a situation like QS where the same card family has different networks.

Their motivation to make this change is an excellent question, but I'm sure there was something.  It appears that Venture One is also back to Visa, but QS is still WEMC.

It makes me wonder why they don't just go back to the "old days" where when you applied you simply picked which network you wanted (i.e. either was an option). 

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.