cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!

Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!


UncleB wrote:

It makes me wonder why they don't just go back to the "old days" where when you applied you simply picked which network you wanted (i.e. either was an option). 


I remember when Citi ThankYou Premier had three options, Visa, Mastercard or American Express. I also wish more cards gave a choice. Does anyone know if the metal is available on Mastercard?

Message 21 of 39
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!


mxp114 wrote:

UncleB wrote:

It makes me wonder why they don't just go back to the "old days" where when you applied you simply picked which network you wanted (i.e. either was an option). 


I remember when Citi ThankYou Premier had three options, Visa, Mastercard or American Express. I also wish more cards gave a choice. Does anyone know if the metal is available on Mastercard?


Presumably, since few consumers really care about this sort of thing, there's no point in Capital One (or whoever) bothering to provide the card in multiple network versions.

 

The Venture is now a Visa, including affiliate links as far as I have checked, so doubt you will be able to get it as a MC right now. That said, MC and Visa are basically interchangeable anyway, at least domestically.

Message 22 of 39
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!

Bad news my friends. I received my replacement card a few minutes ago and its plastic. Smiley Sad 

 

Pretty cool though that they overnighted a card to me without asking when it orignally said it was going to be 2-3 business days.

Message 23 of 39
Established Member

Re: Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!

Existing cardholders, BEWARE...I spent a total of probably 45 minutes trying to track this down this morning; chat rep was mostly worthless but gave me a phone number - the first guy on the phone had NO IDEA and kept asking me if my knowledge of the metal card came from Capital One directly, and I quoted one of the online articles with the name of the "VP of US Card," - he stonewalled me until I got transferred to a US-based supervisor in Delaware who put me on hold more and eventually conceded that the card was NOT available for replacement by existing cardholders. Period. She made it quite clear that it was "limited" and might not even go to all new applicants. So don't waste your time if you already have a Venture card - they really do NOT care about you.

 

Yes, I'm frustrated by just how hard that process was, only to be dismissed as a long-term customer.

 


Message 24 of 39
Moderator

Re: Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!


kcdude503 wrote:

Existing cardholders, BEWARE...I spent a total of probably 45 minutes trying to track this down this morning; chat rep was mostly worthless but gave me a phone number - the first guy on the phone had NO IDEA and kept asking me if my knowledge of the metal card came from Capital One directly, and I quoted one of the online articles with the name of the "VP of US Card," - he stonewalled me until I got transferred to a US-based supervisor in Delaware who put me on hold more and eventually conceded that the card was NOT available for replacement by existing cardholders. Period. She made it quite clear that it was "limited" and might not even go to all new applicants. So don't waste your time if you already have a Venture card - they really do NOT care about you.

 

Yes, I'm frustrated by just how hard that process was, only to be dismissed as a long-term customer.

 


Thanks for the update.  Smiley Sad

 

As much as I like Capital One (and I genuinely do) I'll be the first to admit that they do seem to value new customers and accounts more than existing ones... that's been the case for quite some time now.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 25 of 39
Established Member

Re: Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!

Well-said! I really like them most of the time, too - great customer service (except for today) and generous with CLIs and communication. This seemed truly like a chance for them to "throw me a bone" and show their commitment to existing, perfect-history customers, and they blew it. But I'm not going to let it ruin my day. Most of my spending with the Venture card is online anyway - so only I would know that's a piece of metal (not) "in my wallet." Smiley Happy

 


Message 26 of 39
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!

I am a sucker. I applied and got the 7-10 days, a Rep from the fraud department called me about 10 minutes later to make sure that i was the one that put in the application. She told me I was approved but did not know the limit. Can't wait for the card ......

Message 27 of 39
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!

I've had a metal venture for nearly two years now..Fee waived yearly.

Neat they're making it standard now though.
EX FICO  16 INQ  791
EQ FICO  10 INQ  786
TU FICO  12 INQ  790
Total CL$477,00038 TL
Message 28 of 39
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!


Nixon wrote:
I've had a metal venture for nearly two years now..Fee waived yearly.

Neat they're making it standard now though.

Welcome back Nixon...

Message 29 of 39
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Now Visa and Metal!

RCFL, I'm waiting for April to apply, I have fraud alerts on all my CR so I wonder how that will play out...
Message 30 of 39