cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captain Phil RIP (way off topic, but so sad)

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Captain Phil RIP (way off topic, but so sad)

To all of you who have enjoyed watching "The Deadliest Catch" over the years.... Captain Phil is gone Smiley Sad

Cornelia Marie site

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Captain Phil RIP (way off topic, but so sad)

I've always enjoyed that show, and Capt. Phil in particular.

My sympathy to his sons and to all of his family.  I'm sure he'll be sorely missed.

Message 2 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

One of the guys at work got me watching that show.  Pretty good.

What happened?

Message 3 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

He had a stroke!

After watching that show....I don't mind the price of a crab leg dinner. (too bad those guys don't see that price!)

Message 4 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Is he the same one who had a PE? (pulmonary embolism) --and chain-smoked something fierce.

A blood clot in the lungs makes a stroke more likely, I guess.

That's a shame. He was definitelty one of the more interesting ones.

I never know whether it would be better to eat crab or give it up. They go through an awful lot to get these things to the table.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Is he the same one who had a PE? (pulmonary embolism) --and chain-smoked something fierce.

A blood clot in the lungs makes a stroke more likely, I guess.

That's a shame. He was definitelty one of the more interesting ones.

I never know whether it would be better to eat crab or give it up. They go through an awful lot to get these things to the table.

Yes, that's him!  I figure it this way, they love what they do.  It's their enjoyment of it that keeps them doing this.  I'm just wondering how the new season will be when this segment airs.  It'll be a tough one, that's for sure.

Message 6 of 9
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

Yeah thats sad about Cap. Phil.

But I'm wondering, is the money really that good? I saw where the deckhands bring home $5k-20k but its per 8 or so weeks, right? If so, yeah thats good but I dont think its THAT great.

Message 7 of 9
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

BungalowMo wrote:  I'm just wondering how the new season will be when this segment airs.  It'll be a tough one, that's for sure.

Just ran across this news item about Captain Phil Harris, from today's Christian Science Monitor.  A series of episodes of the Deadliest Catch will be devoted to Capt. Phil beginning on June 22nd.

Photo credit:  Discovery Channel, Blair Bunting/AP

Published on csmonitor.com

Message 8 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

BungalowMo wrote:  I'm just wondering how the new season will be when this segment airs.  It'll be a tough one, that's for sure.

Just ran across this news item about Captain Phil Harris, from today's Christian Science Monitor.  A series of episodes of the Deadliest Catch will be devoted to Capt. Phil beginning on June 22nd.

Photo credit:  Discovery Channel, Blair Bunting/AP

Published on csmonitor.com

Thanks for posting this!  I have the last 2 episodes recorded & need to watch them.  I've been recording this season & sort of dreading each episode,  wondering if this is the one where he dies.  Seeing this article....it doesn't look like it was a quick demise. 

I bet this is hard for those (crab fishermen) guys to watch!  Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.