Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Insurance In Florida-UPDATE

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Car Insurance In Florida-UPDATE

Anyone from Florida knows what insurance company may offer me good insurance with affordable premium prices?   I'm currently with Progressive( pay $360 every 6 mths for MS addy), but not using my FL address yet.  Progressive is wanting to charge me double to amount with the FL address.  I've tried Esurance and Statefarm.  They're all charging $600 or more every 6 months just for basic coverage without collision and etc. coverage. 

I don't understand why the premium is coming out to be more than $600 or more every six months.  I have excellent credit, no tickets and no accidents.  I have 'safe driver' status on my FL license.   I own my car which is a 2003  SUV Envoy. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Car Insurance In Florida

@DI wrote:

Anyone from Florida knows what insurance company may offer me good insurance with affordable premium prices?   I'm currently with Progressive( pay $360 every 6 mths for MS addy), but not using my FL address yet.  Progressive is wanting to charge me double to amount with the FL address.  I've tried Esurance and Statefarm.  They're all charging $600 or more every 6 months just for basic coverage without collision and etc. coverage. 

I don't understand why the premium is coming out to be more than $600 or more every six months.  I have excellent credit, no tickets and no accidents.  I have 'safe driver' status on my FL license.   I own my car which is a 2003  SUV Envoy. 

While this should help keep the rates lower it is not the entire picture of what is included to predict insurance cost.

Location is a very big picture in determining cost. Where you park is another part of determining cost. Your age is another part of determining cost.  This is a general idea of why rates may be higher compared to other locations.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

@JM-AM wrote:

@DI wrote:

While this should help keep the rates lower it is not the entire picture of what is included to predict insurance cost.

Location is a very big picture in determining cost. Where you park is another part of determining cost. Your age is another part of determining cost.  This is a general idea of why rates may be higher compared to other locations.

Thanks for the response.  I will be paying double the amount with poor coverage here in Florida.  I'm keeping my MS address with the insurance company until my MS tag expires in August.    I live accross the street from my job, so I'm not driving much.  I'm keeping the insurance incase of theft and hurricane and to not have a gap in coverage.  

Message 3 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

I decided to keep my auto insurace with Progressive.  But I definitely don't have the stellar and cheap coverage I had in MS.  Too costly here in FL.  Thankfully,  I live accross the street from where I work.  I'm afraid to walk or bike accross the street.  Every other day  in South Florida, I hear in the news about someone getting hit by a car. 

Message 4 of 12
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:

I decided to keep my auto insurace with Progressive.  But I definitely don't have the stellar and cheap coverage I had in MS.  Too costly here in FL.  Thankfully,  I live accross the street from where I work.  I'm afraid to walk or bike accross the street.  Every other day  in South Florida, I hear in the news about someone getting hit by a car. 

This is possibly one of the reasons insurance is higher in florida.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 5 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

I spoke with Progressive about my underwriting decision. I am currently the the B1 category.  The highest is A1.  The reason I'm in the B1 category is partly because the US Bank account that was bought from Kroger is appearing as a new account.  Plus I have two inquires on my credit reports.  The rep told me a year from now, I can call and have the pull my credit report again.  If nothing else changes on my credit report, I can go to A1 category.  Now I'm about to call US Bank and complain!!

Message 6 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@DI wrote:

I spoke with Progressive about my underwriting decision. I am currently the the B1 category.  The highest is A1.  The reason I'm in the B1 category is partly because the US Bank account that was bought from Kroger is appearing as a new account.  Plus I have two inquires on my credit reports.  The rep told me a year from now, I can call and have the pull my credit report again.  If nothing else changes on my credit report, I can go to A1 category.  Now I'm about to call US Bank and complain!!

And I would explain to Progressive again what the non-new account is all about.

But this will be interesting, if people like you can demonstrate to US Bank that you've been harmed by the re-issued cards! I read on a post that they're supposedly going to fis this, but I don't remember when it was supposed to take effect.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@DI wrote:

And I would explain to Progressive again what the non-new account is all about.

But this will be interesting, if people like you can demonstrate to US Bank that you've been harmed by the re-issued cards! I read on a post that they're supposedly going to fis this, but I don't remember when it was supposed to take effect.

The rep who I spoke with understood my  issue.  She was knowledgable about how credit works.  I explained to her about the US Bank card situation.  She suggested I contact US Bank which I did.  I'm waiting to hear back from them.  

Message 8 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Ah, me, no one ever wants to use common sense, do they? Smiley Very Happy

Hope US Bank fixes this soon. It wouldn't kill them to change the dates, for Pete's sake.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Car Insurance In Florida/UpDate from US Bank Situation

This is the response I got from US Bank and what I recently sent to them.

Good morning and thank you for contacting U.S. Bancorp Service Center, Inc. via our Website.

Unfortunately, we are unable to complete your request to remove your account from your credit report. Every thirty days we are required to report account information to the Credit Bureaus. The bureaus normally update the data we provided to them by the 5th day of the current month. For example, the Credit Bureaus will update account information from April 30th by May 5th.

However, if you would like to close your account, you can simply respond to this email, contact Cardmember Service at 800-285-8585, fax a written request to 866-568-7729, or mail the request to the following address:

Cardmember Service
P.O. Box 6352
Fargo, ND 58125-6352

Also, we have forwarded your email to our Credit Department to ensure proper processing of your inquiry. If additional information is required, someone from that department will contact you via mail regarding this matter.

You are a valued cardmember, XXX and we appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

This is what I sent today.

Dear
I applied and received a credit card from RSB/Kroger 09/ 2009.  However; I did not apply for a credit card with US Bank in 2010.  I do understand RSB/Kroger accounts were bought by US Bank. 

Let me make this clear. The account was opened 09/2009.  Reporting that I opened an account 10/2010 is a violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act [15 U.S.C. § 1681s-2]. 

(a) Duty of Furnishers of Information to Provide Accurate Information

(1) Prohibition

(A)

furnish any information relating to a consumer to any consumer reporting

agency if the person knows or has reasonable cause to believe that the

information is inaccurate.

(B)

shall not furnish information relating to a consumer to any consumer

reporting agency if

(i) the person has been notified by the consumer, at the address specified by

the person for such notices, that specific information is inaccurate; and

(ii) the information is, in fact, inaccurate.

Reporting information with actual knowledge of errors. A person shall not Reporting information after notice and confirmation of errors. A person

If this situation isn't corrected, I am taking legal actions.  I know my rights and have succesfully used them before.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.