Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash for Clunkers for Appliances coming this Fall 2009

tag
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Cash for Clunkers for Appliances coming this Fall 2009

This hit the news Thursday or FridayJust Google cash appliances and click on news.

Its not a done deal yet, But they're saying will be up and ready mid October news article says something different, like rebates up to $300 another says $200-$1000 sliding rebate based on the cost of the appliance.

Appliance for the rebate vary also on each article, includes  high -efficiency household appl., furnaces and a/c systems, heat pumps, boilers,room air conditioners. Household appl incl refrigerators,dishwasher.clothes washers & dyers,freezers and water heaters. Looks like rebates will vary between states.

Wow !! My pray answered I desperately need a refrig mine is 26 yrs old.

This was typed @ 2 am please excuse the grammar & spelling thanks

Would LOVE to have central heat and a/c since I only have small portable heaters & window a/c.

Now all I need is to fix my floor, its very friendly( a little wavely)LOL

Hope this helps a lot of jobs and people who need these appl.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Cash for Clunkers for Appliances coming this Fall 2009

Fantastic as I'm in the market for dishwasher and energy efficient w/d. 
Message 2 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I need fridge, water heater, stove, & window ac units!

Finally...something for me!

LORD knows the re-fi turned into a fiasco! Smiley Mad

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 7
MattH
Senior Contributor

The most detailed article I could find is here:

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/aug2009/db20090821_304909.htm

Main points:

• Will start in late fall
  • Each State must apply to DOE by 15 October for Federal funds to be administered by the State, so details of the program will vary among States
  • Unlike the car program, customers won't have to trade in old appliances
  • Only appliances with Energy Star seal will qualify for rebates (roughly half of major household appliances sold last year had the Energy Star seal)
  • Rebates will be roughly $50 to $200 per appliance, depending on details (which, as noted above, will vary from State to State).
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 4 of 7
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

Woohoo! Our house still has the "builder's model" (AKA crap) dishwasher that rocks the whole kitchen counter when it runs...sounds like a jet engine in the kitchen.

This might be a good reason to replace the fridge and oven as well... Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

@MattH wrote:

The most detailed article I could find is here:

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/aug2009/db20090821_304909.htm

Main points:

• Will start in late fall
  • Each State must apply to DOE by 15 October for Federal funds to be administered by the State, so details of the program will vary among States
  • Unlike the car program, customers won't have to trade in old appliances
  • Only appliances with Energy Star seal will qualify for rebates (roughly half of major household appliances sold last year had the Energy Star seal)
  • Rebates will be roughly $50 to $200 per appliance, depending on details (which, as noted above, will vary from State to State).

You mean this is real?! I thought this was a facetious thread. Now I feel stupid...

Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 6 of 7
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Math_Rocks-----LOLSmiley Very Happy

The next clunkers will be Cash for EX-husbands & ex daughter in laws

To be relocated to another state. LOL

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.