Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Phone Apps You Can't Live Without

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Cell Phone Apps You Can't Live Without

Good Morning, everyone.....I was going to "google" the best phone apps because I'm new to the computer-phone world.   My favorite thing is the GPS navigator with the voice.  I love that!  (See, I told you I was behind the times!).  I thought I would get better advice here - I know that we all have at least one thing in common!

What do we "Need" out of all the free apps out in the world.

Also, I want a service that can GPS in to everyone's phone in the family - so i can know where they are, or find the phone if it is lost.  T-mobile has Familywhere but it's 10 bucks a month.

I look forwarding to hearing what you all use and love.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cell Phone Apps You Can't Live Without

Have a few....TomTom, Facebook, DrudgeReport, LogMeIn, some financial ones, a select number of games, etc.

Message 2 of 8
HiLine
Blogger

Mine includes facebook (which I am now trying to avoid), a stock portfolio tracking app, PageOnce for tracking financial accounts, OneBusAway for tracking buses, a flight tracking app, a public transportation journey planner app, and my main bank's app. Robot Happy

Message 3 of 8
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Have a few....TomTom, Facebook, DrudgeReport, LogMeIn, some financial ones, a select number of games, etc.

hey, llecs....we needa know what they do.....

I did find a really cool app that uses the GPS and tells you what stars, constellations, and planets are above you at any given time/location.  "Google Sky Map"

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Booner72 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

hey, llecs....we needa know what they do.....

I did find a really cool app that uses the GPS and tells you what stars, constellations, and planets are above you at any given time/location.  "Google Sky Map"

TomTom is the road-GPS service (like Garmin). Drudge is after the news website, drudgereport.com (I'm a news junkie..there are others like AP, Foxnews, NBC, ABC, TheHill, etc.). LogMeIn on my iPhone enables me to access my office computer and access the files and docs on there. After meeting with a client-to-be, I'll log into my office computer from my phone and do a proposal right then and there, and then e-mail it minutes from visiting with that client, and print it to have ready for when I get back. Then there's the CapOne App, NFCU App, M&T Bank app, and other banking and CC products. And then games to pass the time...doodlejump, AngryBirds, Monopoly, and others.

I was looking at that Google Sky App. Curious about it. It'll be an awesome year for skygazing with the alignments, new comets, etc.

Message 5 of 8
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

looking at my phone I only really use :

USAA

Discover

Amex

Chase

Wells Fargo 

Music

Formula Racing 2013 (tracks formula 1)

Browser 

Occasianally I use google maps and authenticator

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 6 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

I have an iphone 5.

For me personally:

Google Maps

Whatsapp

Yelp

Stocks

Default Mail app, but I'm using Mailbox more nowadays.

Amazon

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 8
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

Skype and Tango at the moment. I get to see my kids with those apps since I am currently in the "sand box".

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.