Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Phone Service & Credit Score

tag
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

Cell Phone Service & Credit Score

I have been in the garden for a month now. However, we recently moved and my phone reception is terrible in this area. Sprint has released me from my contract and I now want to obtain service with Verizon Wireless. Question: Has anyone ever gotten Verizon to do a soft pull & not hard. Will this for scoring purposes affect my credit the same as a new CC application?  Does anyone know which bureau they check in TX? Thanks

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cell Phone Service & Credit Score

try pepaid or no contract no hp's to worry about good luck

Message 2 of 6
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Even if they tell you it is a SP do not believe them. I switched to T Mobile and the guy said it was a SP because he wouldnt see my score and just a "grade." Well, it was a HP, lol.

Message 3 of 6
Stralem
Established Contributor

I hate when utility companies require you to submit to a credit check. I understand why they do it, but it's always rubbed me as a thinly-veiled middle finger to the customer. The ones that require you to sign up for autopay are even worse.

I remember when I went shopping for my first cell phone. Not only did Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint all hit me with an HP, but they all demanded a f******* security deposit in excess of $400 on top of the phone itself, the first month of service, and associated fees. Basically, they demanded I cough up $700+ dollars up front for the priviledge of paying them $100/month thereafter. I went prepaid for a good long while because of that nonsense, but eventually I got in with U.S. Cellular since they didn't demand a security deposit.

ComEd (gas company) gave me the same BS routine a few years back as well.

F*** them too.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 4 of 6
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Verizon has prepaid plans for $45..unlimited text and talk with 500 mb data...for $50..you get an extra 500 mb...and Iphone 4's at $99 (certified pre-owned).  I know 1 gb of data is not a lot if you're an avid data user....but if you happen to be around wifi, that'll save you a lot of data.   $60 for 2 gb's I think.   I think it beats being stuck in a contract, but it depends on the person I guess.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 5 of 6
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I say Metro-PCS they are going to service the new Samsung Galaxy S5, and they dont do HP or any credit check.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.