cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige Card Bent

tag
AsherDinah

Citi Prestige Card Bent

Sat on my wallet at Sunday Church for a little over an hour and the Citi Prestige card is now permanently convex. All other cards in wallet unaffected. Anyone else notice that the Citi Prestige card is built cheap compared to Double Cash card, or even their regular Thank You Reward card? Double Cash card is thicker than the Prestige, the edges smooth, unlike Prestige's rough edges. Thank You Rewards card from Citi is even thicker than Double Cash, and has a nice 3D effect on the picture. Feels great between the fingers that card. For a $450 premier card, I would have expected the Prestige to be made of something nice like the TYRewards card. TYR has metal particles in the paint, reminds me of metallic or pearlescent car paints.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige Card Bent

@AsherDinah wrote:

Sat on my wallet at Sunday Church for a little over an hour and the Citi Prestige card is now permanently convex. All other cards in wallet unaffected. Anyone else notice that the Citi Prestige card is built cheap compared to Double Cash card, or even their regular Thank You Reward card? Double Cash card is thicker than the Prestige, the edges smooth, unlike Prestige's rough edges. Thank You Rewards card from Citi is even thicker than Double Cash, and has a nice 3D effect on the picture. Feels great between the fingers that card. For a $450 premier card, I would have expected the Prestige to be made of something nice like the TYRewards card. TYR has metal particles in the paint, reminds me of metallic or pearlescent car paints.  

Yea mine is slightly bent also but it doesn't affect functionality since when you swipe the reader straightens the card out. I have noticed that Citi seem to be improving the quality of the cards recently for example I recently got a replacement DC and the quality is much improved, hopefully they improve their premium prestige card.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 6
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

My prestige has been just fine. Besides, I wouldn't want to risk a "better quality" built card that may result in a higher AF to cover costs. It's high as hell as it stands now Smiley LOL

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 3 of 6
rlx01
Established Contributor

It's not cheap, it's a special polymer. I kind of like it in a weird way.

Just ask for a new one online.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Prestige is furiously bent as well.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was a little disappointed with the feel of my Chase United card as well (also has an AF). Oh well! Replacements are free!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.