Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige Design

tag
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Citi Prestige Design

So the new design is starting to appear on Citi's website, and not just the app.

Screen Shot 2015-10-18 at 11.53.09 AM.png

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige Design

Hm, Maybe I'll order a replacement card and see what I get.
Message 2 of 19
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Hm, Maybe I'll order a replacement card and see what I get.

I ordered one last week. 

It still has the chip on the back and stripe on the front. 

But, the new one is matte. No longer glossy and the stripe is very evident now. Hopefully they start rolling the card as it should have been from the beginning ASAP

Message 3 of 19
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

UPDATE:

I just called them, the design change is live. They're sending me the new design overnight Smiley Happy Chip on the front, stripe on the back. FINALLY

Message 4 of 19
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

The Premier also has the newer design when you add it on Apple Pay or on the mobile app. Maybe thats getting redesigned also?

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the old one better. Just my preference I guess. I liked the confusion and uniqueness.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

just got mine.  won't be so hesitant to use it now.  i always grimmaced handing it off knowing what was in store.  

Message 7 of 19
Jmill79
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

just got mine.  won't be so hesitant to use it now.  i always grimmaced handing it off knowing what was in store.  

Also recieved mine, much better design.  They reeeaaaalllly need to up the card quality itself though.  The best comparison would be to the old Quicksilver.  Very flimsy. Smiley Sad

FICO's as of 7/10/15 EQ-751 TU-730 EX-721

Citi Prestige, BOA Cash Rewards Sig, Discover It, AmEx BCP, Cap One Quicksilver
Message 8 of 19
Kenro
Regular Contributor

Citi Premier + Prestige new design

Citi finally moved their mag strip to the back of the card.

But my god does it feel even more flimsier and cheaper... There are stains of glue on the back of the card which are seen when tilted against the light. It feels even thinner than old one and it has a matte finish rather than glossy.

The see through window is gone, at least on the Premier, I dont have Prestige yet.... However, the 3d effect/optical illusion on the front image is a lot more pronounced and the back of the card has the same pattern as the front.

All citi have to do is  stop making their credit cards out of toilet paper, how difficult can it be. Chase seems to know how to do it with their Sapphire and Ritz... If only citi could make their thank you out of same material CSP while Prestige of full body metal like Ritz.

Id pay extra 100$ a year to just have Prestige made out of metal and to same standard and quality of the Ritz-Carlton... At least give us a damn option, even if its paid.

At this moment in all honesty, I`d be happy with just same quality as Amex charge cards... I think my Citi Premier is cheapest feeling card that I own. Maybe Chase has spoiled us but it almost feels like for the annual fee, there should be more.

Message 9 of 19
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Premier + Prestige new design

thanks for sharing

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.