Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi can suck it

tag
williamachamberlain
Valued Member

Citi can suck it

Long story short, we had a citi card, started off at 6k, got a nice bump to $7600, used it on the cruis ein January, paid it off.  Charged it up and then balanced transferred for 0%, was a payment of $1700.  To mine and my wifes shock, the credit limit was dropped to $500, she called and asked why and the CSR said, because of an Equifax cr, that there were negatives on her cr, is why the dropped the CL.  I told her to close the account, after about a yr and a half of good faith, they drop it to $500, thanks but no thanks, they will never get another red penny from me.  My rant is over now.

My Wallet: NFCU CR Visa 25K, NFCU GR Visa 23K, NFCU Platinum 16K, PenFed PCR 26k, PenFed PR 18K, USAA Sig Visa 23K, USAA Amex 24K, Amex Hilton 9K, Amex Gold NPSL, BOA Platinum Plus MC 26K, BOA TR Visa 30K, Chase Amazon Visa 8K
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Citi can suck it

@williamachamberlain wrote:

Long story short, we had a citi card, started off at 6k, got a nice bump to $7600, used it on the cruis ein January, paid it off.  Charged it up and then balanced transferred for 0%, was a payment of $1700.  To mine and my wifes shock, the credit limit was dropped to $500, she called and asked why and the CSR said, because of an Equifax cr, that there were negatives on her cr, is why the dropped the CL.  I told her to close the account, after about a yr and a half of good faith, they drop it to $500, thanks but no thanks, they will never get another red penny from me.  My rant is over now.

Were there new negatives/derogs on your reports? Or are these old ones you had when you were approved for the card? 

Message 2 of 6
williamachamberlain
Valued Member

No new derogs or anything since she got the card

My Wallet: NFCU CR Visa 25K, NFCU GR Visa 23K, NFCU Platinum 16K, PenFed PCR 26k, PenFed PR 18K, USAA Sig Visa 23K, USAA Amex 24K, Amex Hilton 9K, Amex Gold NPSL, BOA Platinum Plus MC 26K, BOA TR Visa 30K, Chase Amazon Visa 8K
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear.  I'd have suggested you reach out to Citi EO as to why this happen but since the account is closed then, it won't matter. But terrible decision on their part.

Message 4 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

No new derogs or anything since she got the card

I probably would have tried speaking with another rep before I just closed the card, but to each their own. 

A rash action by a bank doesn't mean a rash action needs to be taken by the customer (you). 

Sometimes things happen and rather than acting in anger/upset, you should just talk to them and see what happened, and with banks, always get a second answer from a second representative. 

Message 5 of 6
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

Love the title of this thread. Should be a bumper sticker
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.