Did you mean: 

Citi prestige card design meaning

tag
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Citi prestige card design meaning

Anyone know what the Citi prestige card design meaning is

Looks like it is a miner and an indian and dated 1812

Citi was founded in 1812 and there was The War of 1812 against Indians in the US

Anyone called Citi to ask what their design means?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi prestige card design meaning

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

Citi was founded in 1812 and there was The War of 1812 against Indians in the US

What indians?  What miners?  My eyes still can't get past the ugly black stripe in the front.  That card would be pretty fancy looking if they hadn't reversed the magnetic stripe.

Message 2 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

I don't think anyone is going to call them to ask what their design means, but if I had to guess, it's what you said -- Citi founded 1812 and the war against the Indians. It makes sense. I wouldn't read too much into it, though, because really, what does it matter?

For what it's worth, I find it ugly, lol I don't like the stripe across the front, either.

Message 3 of 10
red259
Super Contributor

The war of 1812 wasn't just against the native americans. It was against Britain, Ireland, the british colonies and their native american allies. I kind of doubt that is what they were going for in the logo. Like seriously they want to market a card commorating the treatment of native americans in US history? That really can't be what a major corporation is going for. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

I don't think anyone is going to call them to ask what their design means, but if I had to guess, it's what you said -- Citi founded 1812 and the war against the Indians. It makes sense. I wouldn't read too much into it, though, because really, what does it matter?

For what it's worth, I find it ugly, lol I don't like the stripe across the front, either.

I'm not sure why... but, I found this to be sort of rude. Why bother posting that one doesn't understand why it matters? Sometimes, it matters only because someone is curious. Whether you choose to reply or not is entirely up to you -- the OP didn't ask anyone specifically to respond. That's just my $0.02, though.

I would be interested in the backstory, as well youdontkillmoney -- now you have me wanting to google it! Smiley Very Happy lol

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

I sense jealousy. Smiley Tongue

I'm going w/kenny on this one though. It mattered enough to get a response...

Message 6 of 10
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Thanks all, no offense, there is a wide variety of opinion in this world. I get that and open to all sorts of thoughts. Even if as a practical matter most may not care.

I am just inquisitive about things and there must be a reaosn citi chose this design. In the end doesn't really matter.

But since that is a really unique design it made me research it a little and call cust service (the lady had no idea anyway, if I was running the co. I'd tell my employees what it meant in case someone asked), most cc's are straightforward with their design, except Amex another interesting design but the "Centurion" logo demonstartes strength, dpeendability, etc...which I get for a design. The design for citi prestige is like out of a U.S. history book.

Anyway, thanks all, appreciate the replies, especially the support from Nixon and Kenny, the last two replies before this one. Let's call it a wrap.

Message 7 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'm not jealous, I'm sure I could get approved if I wanted, but I'm sorry because my post did come across rude which was not my intent. I just think that there's nothing wrong with curiosity, but at the end of the day no one can really answer what the meaning of a card design is. It's the whim of the issuer.

Sorry OP, meant no disrespect!

Message 8 of 10
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

none taken, thanks!

Message 9 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Don't know why it was chosen but it's call the Arc design 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.