Collection Agents on this board?

tag
awal
Regular Contributor

Re: Collection Agents on this board?

@Anonymous wrote:

@llecs wrote:

@tk777777 wrote:

Not only that -- there are quite a few reverse-lookup programs (Spokeo.com is the main one)

That's a cool site!

It can be incredibly useful in a lot of situations -- but also can be pretty devastating/scary in the depth of information it can uncover. A lot of people use it to catch spouses cheating via online dating profiles, etc. And that 'anonymous' blog isn't so anonymous if you're using your main email address as your login. Smiley Tongue It can also be very bad news if someone cracks your password on one site and then uses it to access all the others.

The one feature I take issue with is the home address listings linked with phone numbers, and the names of family members at the same address. The feature is useful for skip-tracing purposes, but I think it's dangerous to have that information available to anyone who wants to pay a fee. (I'm thinking stalkers and abusive partners, etc.)

I have a paid account for work research purposes and the things it uncovers constantly boggles the mind. Nothing is really a secret on the internet. 

Thats the first thing that came to mind...

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 11 of 13
marty56
Super Contributor

OT but the BCAD trolls the Internet looking for pictures of people's homes so they can raise their taxes so you never know.  Wouldn't it be funny if Barry actually worked for Vantage or EX.  It would be a perfect cover.  

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 12 of 13
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@marty56 wrote:

OT but the BCAD trolls the Internet looking for pictures of people's homes so they can raise their taxes so you never know.  Wouldn't it be funny if Barry actually worked for Vantage or EX.  It would be a perfect cover.  

Hmmm...interesting...don't give me ideas, Marty!  Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.