Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments about your citi prestige card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comments about your citi prestige card

After using this card for 4 days I've received so many compliments and comments about how cool looking it is.

Paid for round of golf today and the cashier guy kept saying how awesome and unique looking the card was and asked if the front magnet strip is a new design?

Proceeded to pay for some snacks and cashier chick made a comment "oh prestige huh?"

How has your experience been?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
onstar
Established Contributor

Re: Comments about your citi prestige card

The only feedback I get is the look of confusion when the swipe doesn't work.

Then I have to show them where the stripe is.

Then another confused look.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 2 of 13
bch238
Regular Contributor

Stripe on the front is a complete PITA.  Restaurant servers return to my table 50% of the time telling me that my card didn't work, and asking if I have another.  I have to explain to them how to swipe the card.  As I hand the card to people, I just explain, "the stripe is on the front."  I have called Citi twice to complain about it, and I am assured that by mid-April the design would be changed to make the stripe more prominent ("darker," they said, and I don't see how that will help, frankly.  They should make the stripe silver against the dark background.)  Otherwise, the card is great.  I was pleasantly surprised to get 2x points for the USS Midway museum in San Diego, which was nice.  And yes, I had to explain to the museum cashier about the stripe.

Edit:  The Priority Pass that comes with the card is superior to the membership that comes with Amex Platinum, because it gives free access to your entire family.  My wife, two kids, and I got into the Virgin America Loft at LAX free of charge.  The version of Priority Pass given by Amex (which I also have) would have cost me $81 ($27 per family member).

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 3 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

1monkey

why'd you pay for a round of golf? you get 3 free rounds a year.
Message 4 of 13
Jmill79
New Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
1monkey

My guess would be because theres 40 million other courses which arent offered on the list.  Theres only a couple courses in my area, and I have zero interest in them.

Back on point, Ive just told them the stripe is on the front each time, and every time I get  "oh thats so cool"....yeah..

FICO's as of 7/10/15 EQ-751 TU-730 EX-721

Citi Prestige, BOA Cash Rewards Sig, Discover It, AmEx BCP, Cap One Quicksilver
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scratches too easy. Mine looks like ive had it for years now.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:
1monkey

i can do 3 rounds in a month Smiley Happy 

citi can't cover that. 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The shiny black design doesn't help hiding scratches either

Message 8 of 13
Luscher
Valued Contributor

They should just suck it up and put the stripe where it has always been........ON THE BACK!
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the benefits of the card but i am not happy with the appearance. I love my CSP card. Its a beautiful card but with the Prestige, it feels cheap. That's my only compliant. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.