Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commuting via Bicycle

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Commuting via Bicycle

As the price of gas rises, the time to recoup your costs is shortened.
Message 11 of 17
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Ugh....rode my bike this morning, when it was a very pleasant 72 degrees. Current temperature: 97.
Message 12 of 17
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Lel wrote:
Ugh....rode my bike this morning, when it was a very pleasant 72 degrees. Current temperature: 97.

Count your blessings - current temp where I am: 112.  Will be hotter yet in an hour or so when I pedal home. Smiley Wink

Of course, they also say here that "'It's a 'dry heat'" - like that really makes it better...  Smiley Very Happy
I should by stock in Powerade...

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 13 of 17
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@scapegrace13 wrote:

@Lel wrote:

Count your blessings - current temp where I am: 112. Will be hotter yet in an hour or so when I pedal home. Smiley Wink
Of course, they also say here that "'It's a 'dry heat'" - like that really makes it better... Smiley Very Happy
I should by stock in Powerade...

Ah yes, the old "dry heat" argument. We use it here too. I've decided that I don't like the term at all. Hot is hot - I wouldn't want to be where you are regardless of how dry it is!
Message 14 of 17
dizzier
Established Contributor

biofreeze saved my life when i had that car accident a few years back. that stuff is amazing!

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lel wrote:

Ah yes, the old "dry heat" argument. We use it here too. I've decided that I don't like the term at all. Hot is hot - I wouldn't want to be where you are regardless of how dry it is!

Inside of your oven is also a dry heat.

Fortunately for me, the Great Northwet can be 40s to 50s in the morning. Makes a 5 AM ride quite nice.

Headline in one of the Seattle rags 2 weeks ago indicated it was actually colder in Seattle than Siberia.
Message 16 of 17
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Inside of your oven is also a dry heat.

Yes, it is, and I would not want to be inside my oven either! Smiley Surprised
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.