Regular Contributor

Company Background Check and Credit Check

Can someone please share your experience? I have been offered a position and they said they would conduct a background check including pulling a report. Do you know whether it is a hard or soft pull? and also if it shows up at all and whether I will be notified? Thanks in advance

Forward, Zync, Freedom, BofA Cash Rewards

Current Score: 738 BOA Experian (5/29/2012)

GOAL: 800s
Regular Contributor

Re: Company Background Check and Credit Check

Now I cannot be sure of this, but I think it would be like an insurance inq if it is a hard pull.  Notation will be made as to the kind of pull that it is and insurance inq are not factored into your fico.  I would have to go back and look at a recent insurance inq, but I think it was listed as a soft pull.

However...  I did recently apply for a new apartment and that was a hard pull, of which I was not happy about.

Starting Score: 600ish in 2007
Highest Score to date: EQ 716 May 2012(lender pull)
Current Score: EQ 685 6-21-12 ; Walmart TU Fico 744 6-05-12
Goal Score: 801
Frequent Contributor

Tg123 wrote:

Can someone please share your experience? I have been offered a position and they said they would conduct a background check including pulling a report. Do you know whether it is a hard or soft pull? and also if it shows up at all and whether I will be notified? Thanks in advance

I have my license renewed yearly which includes a credit Check. It is a soft pull. Some employers allow you to fix or make arrangements if they see something they don't like, others will just deny you the job. Most employers have a threshold for bad debt, debt that is in collections, default, or foreclosure. They will not hold large amounts of debt that is still in good standing against you.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor

I had a background check done for new employment last year. I do not see any HPs. I have the EX report which lists soft pulls and it doesn't have anythign either. I do not know about EQ/TU SPs.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), American Express Blue Cash Preferred (18k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (14k), Discover More (10k), Macy's (700).

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}