Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company Background Check and Credit Check

tag
Tg123
Regular Contributor

Company Background Check and Credit Check

Can someone please share your experience? I have been offered a position and they said they would conduct a background check including pulling a report. Do you know whether it is a hard or soft pull? and also if it shows up at all and whether I will be notified? Thanks in advance

Forward, Zync, Freedom, BofA Cash Rewards

Current Score: 738 BOA Experian (5/29/2012)

GOAL: 800s
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Company Background Check and Credit Check

Now I cannot be sure of this, but I think it would be like an insurance inq if it is a hard pull.  Notation will be made as to the kind of pull that it is and insurance inq are not factored into your fico.  I would have to go back and look at a recent insurance inq, but I think it was listed as a soft pull.

However...  I did recently apply for a new apartment and that was a hard pull, of which I was not happy about.

Message 2 of 4
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@Tg123 wrote:

Can someone please share your experience? I have been offered a position and they said they would conduct a background check including pulling a report. Do you know whether it is a hard or soft pull? and also if it shows up at all and whether I will be notified? Thanks in advance

I have my license renewed yearly which includes a credit Check. It is a soft pull. Some employers allow you to fix or make arrangements if they see something they don't like, others will just deny you the job. Most employers have a threshold for bad debt, debt that is in collections, default, or foreclosure. They will not hold large amounts of debt that is still in good standing against you.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

I had a background check done for new employment last year. I do not see any HPs. I have the EX report which lists soft pulls and it doesn't have anythign either. I do not know about EQ/TU SPs.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.