Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confessions of a FICOholic

tag
sunshine7157
Regular Contributor

Confessions of a FICOholic

It happened in the blink of an eye. My world, upside down. It came without warning, hitting me hard and fast. I remember it like it was yesterday.

I had just arrived at the garden party. Things were going well. Introductions were being made, niceties were exchanged. It seemed as though it was revving up to be a wild night. I only stepped out for a minute. I had to feed the dog. I slipped away without telling anyone, thinking I’d be back before anyone even knew I was gone. That’s when it struck. Disaster.

I got back to the party in 5 minutes, 10 tops. I knocked on the door. No answer. Huh. This is odd. I know there’s a party going on. I was just there. I knock again, beginning to feel a hint of nervousness. C’mon, Myfico, let me in. Nothing. All I hear is nothing. I’m floored. I don’t understand. I knock for the third time & again am met with silence. Running through my head is ‘knock-knock-knock, Penny? Knock-knock-knock, Penny? Knock-knock-knock, Penny?’ I question whether I may be losing my mind. I shake my head & then hang it in confusion. When I look up, there is a message on the door. It seemed to have appeared from nowhere. Finally, an explanation. In hindsight, I should’ve looked away but at the time I couldn’t peel my eyes off of it. The sign reads: the url you have requested is not available or has been removed. WHAT?? OMG, NOOOO!! WTH?? THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING! I DON’T GET IT! WHAT HAVE I DONE? SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!! I was afraid, for I fear what I do not understand. Did I catch a virtual std? No, that’s impossible. I’ve always been very cautious. Why can’t I get in? Have I been hacked? Is this how that works?? I need a plan. The only thing I know for certain is that I must get back in.

I calmed myself until I felt once again capable of reason. I need to find another point of entry, since Mozilla denied my request. I never liked Mozilla, anyways. He was always kind of a jerk to me. I approached the nearest window I saw (Internet Explorer). Nope, that’s locked as well. What is this, some kind of conspiracy? Ok, fine. I’ll try the back door (Chrome), which I discover is on lockdown as well. I am now highly agitated, mostly stemming from fear. Like I said before, I fear what I do not understand. I begin to pace. I have broken out in a light sweat. This is crazy and I don’t like it. For the next 2 hours, I go back and forth from the front door to the window to the back door. Still nothing. I feel as though I may cry. During what hopefully would have been my last trip around the house, I see another sign. It reads something like: MYfico is closed for maintainance. Sorry for any inconvenience. Although I’m so frustrated that I should  scream, I simply sigh with relief. Finally, an answer.

I am completely drained, emotionally exhausted. I opt for bed. I toss and turn for hours. I wake to find myself approaching the computer in the middle of the night, but catch myself before I do anything that may appear obsessive. Set the mouse down and slowly back away, I tell myself. I succeed. I order myself back to bed.

In the morning, I force myself to wait an entire hour before returning to Myfico. I know I cannot emotionally afford a replay, yet here I am.

The first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have one.

Hi. My name is Sunshine and I am a FICOholic.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Confessions of a FICOholic

Wow, you're an excellent writer.  Got me sucked in reading all the way, took the words right out of my mouth in your post!  

Hi, my name is yudeology101 and i'm also a FICOholic.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 12
sunshine7157
Regular Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Wow, you're an excellent writer.  Got me sucked in reading all the way, took the words right out of my mouth in your post!  

Hi, my name is yudeology101 and i'm also a FICOholic.

Omg, thank you! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 12
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Took the words right out of my mouth! LOL
Great read!
Hi, my name is JaB8199 & I'm a FICOholic....
Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 4 of 12
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

My name is Gunnar419 and I'm a MyFicoholic.

But you didn't take the words right out of my mouth, Sunshine. I was also pounding on the door in the early hours this morning, but I'd have never in a kabillion years come up with such a hilarious way to describe the experience.

LOL and kudos, Sunshine! Your story made up for all the long hours that our favorite support group was so silent.

Message 5 of 12
sunshine7157
Regular Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

My name is Gunnar419 and I'm a MyFicoholic.

But you didn't take the words right out of my mouth, Sunshine. I was also pounding on the door in the early hours this morning, but I'd have never in a kabillion years come up with such a hilarious way to describe the experience.

LOL and kudos, Sunshine! Your story made up for all the long hours that our favorite support group was so silent.

Ha! Glad to be of assistance. Smiley Wink Although I admit that at the time, I absolutely failed to find the humor. But they say (and I do not profess to know exactly who 'they' are) that if you can't laugh with yourself, make for damn sure you can laugh at yourself.
Today I find myself being extra sensitive to the dog. The poor thing acted like I was coming unravelled last night when I had at one point thrown my face in my hands & whimpered, "Oh my God, no! Wth? I OBJECT!" She hid under the couch. (If only dogs could talk. Now THAT, my friend, would be hilarious.)

Message 6 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-MyFICO-Forums-12-Step-Program-For-FIC...

Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@MidnightVoice wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-MyFICO-Forums-12-Step-Program-For-FIC...

Smiley Very Happy

Almost 7 years ago, Midnightvoice saw the potential for FICOholics.  You're an inspiration!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 12
sunshine7157
Regular Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Almost 7 years ago, Midnightvoice saw the potential for FICOholics.  You're an inspiration!

Hahaha! Wow. No sneaking up on him. He saw me coming from a mile away.

Message 9 of 12
Jamielei24
Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

myfico has been around for 7 years?!!! Where have you been all my life? Lol

Equifax 720 (myfico 06/09/14 upgraded)
TU 730 (myfico 06/06/14), TU 730 (Walmart 06/03/14)
Experian 727 (myfico 06/06/14), Experian 712 (PLUS) 06/06/14

NFCU Flagship $17,500, Chase Slate $7,500, Citibank Simplicity $2,400, Capitol One QS $3,750, Walmart $3,000, Old Navy Store Card $3,000, Amazon Store Card $2,000, Target Red Card $1,000, Victoria Secret $1,070, Red Canoe Credit Union (my personal CCU) $2,000
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.