Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congratz Pats - Superbowl Champs!

tag
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

Congratz Pats - Superbowl Champs!

I apologize. I know there is a football thread further down, but this is the Superbowl!

It was a pedestrian game that turned into an instant classic.  I kept hearing this may be one of the best superbowl games ever, and it certainly lived up to the hype.

On a weird note, I was actually impressed by the half time performance with that animatronic lion that KP was standing on. 

Experian: 729 Equifax: 740 Transunion: 732
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Congratz Pats - Superbowl Champs!

The halftime show surprised me.

It was turning out to be a good game, but the way it ended couldn't have left fans of both sides (yes, even Pats fans) satisfied. Can't be an all time classic when the game was decided by a screw-up. I read that the Pats had a 40% chance of winning before the Seahawks ran the last play at the 1 and a 99% chance of winning after Butler caught the game-winning pick. Testing Brady for the 40% odds would have been awesome for any fan of football.

Message 2 of 9
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

I'm not quite sure.  I'm reading comments everywhere, and Pats fans are rejoicing.   Ok, maybe if you're a die-hard Brady fan, you would rather have the final memorable play to be his game winning touchdown, but I think true fans want any type of Superbowl win they can get.  I also disagree labeling the last Seattle drive a "screwup".  It jus diminishes the Pats' mental toughness defending it.  Just because you have Lynch, doesn't quite mean it's an automatic touchdown.  He was stuffed doing that the last time he had the opportunity.  Seattle wanted to mix it up and beat Belichick at his game.  The Pats defense simply came up with a miracle of their own after giving up miracles to Wilson and his offense the previous plays.   Usually the best superbowls tend to have some miraculous and/or impossible plays -- and yesterday's contest definitely had quite a few of those.

Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dalanar wrote:

I'm not quite sure.  I'm reading comments everywhere, and Pats fans are rejoicing.   Ok, maybe if you're a die-hard Brady fan, you would rather have the final memorable play to be his game winning touchdown, but I think true fans want any type of Superbowl win they can get.  I also disagree labeling the last Seattle drive a "screwup".  It jus diminishes the Pats' mental toughness defending it.  Just because you have Lynch, doesn't quite mean it's an automatic touchdown.  He was stuffed doing that the last time he had the opportunity.  Seattle wanted to mix it up and beat Belichick at his game.  The Pats defense simply came up with a miracle of their own after giving up miracles to Wilson and his offense the previous plays.   Usually the best superbowls tend to have some miraculous and/or impossible plays -- and yesterday's contest definitely had quite a few of those.

Points very well taken. I wasn't trying to take credit away from the Patriots and sorry if I did. The Pats secondary outplayed the LOB. Hands down. Hell, the whole team outplayed the Seahawks. The Seahawks' offense was pretty much fueled by miracle plays. Obviously as a fan, a win is a win. I was just directing it to fans of football in general. I know Marshawn Lynch had 5 drives this whole season from the one yard line and only scored on one of those plays. I know the Seahawks only had one time out left. You can't put all the blame on the coaching staff for that play. It was selfish, yes, but Russell Wilson could've thrown that ball a lot better. Anyway, I want to stop rambling. The game was a great one. It could have been an all time classic but the way it ended keeps it from being one in my personal opinion. Glad you enjoyed it.

What I do want to say was that the moment Seattle's play happen, an instant conspiracy theory popped into my head. Russell Wilson is a great dude and the Seahawks love having him as one of the faces of the franchise. Marshawn Lynch, however, has been a difficult asset for the Seahawks to retain all season. His return status has been up in the air for months. I seriously have an itch to say that the play was called to take away the MVP from Marshawn Lynch to be handed to Russell Wilson. Lynch's murky status for next year combined with his reputation in the media made him a less desirable Lombardi Trophy raiser at the end of the game than the franchise's posterboy. I'm not saying this is true at all but if you ask anybody in the Seahawks upper management, they would rather have Russell Wilson raise the trophy over Marshawn Lynch.

I need to call out Pete Carroll's ego as well. I'm a USC student and grew up watching Trojan football so I know his work product pretty well. I 150% agree with you on what you said about him wanting to beat Belichick. 150%.

Message 4 of 9
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

No apologies needed haha. I think you bring up some valid points.  That conspiracy theory is not far fetched.  I think the Seahawk organization would definitely prefer to have Russell receive the MVP and play by the media's rules. I guess we'll never know.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go Chelsea FCSmiley Tongue

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Go 200 yards north and make a hard right and start swimming east 😛

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ha..ha.. Irish80, you guys are hilariousSmiley TongueSmiley Tongue

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ha..ha.. Irish80, you guys are hilariousSmiley TongueSmiley Tongue

😎😎

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.