gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Copper Country MI Buried In Snow

Lonely Barn - Calm Before The Storm

In Painesdale

In Painesdale-2

Near Blizzard outside Chassel-1

Near Blizzard outside Chassel-2

All of these I shot on Feb 3 2018. Up here you can have good weather and see for miles and in the next instant be in a near or full blizzard. There are 4 very distinct seasons here opposed to the west where I have spent most of my life. Enjoy them, you are free to use them if you wish.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Copper Country MI Buried In Snow

gdale6 know the setting ... live in mining country in the Superior National Forest. The weather changes at a drop of the hat. Great pics!

Message 2 of 11
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Disclaimer... I am a verified and completely irrational weather nut.

Jealousy is a poor word to describe my feelings in looking at your pics, but it was the first one that popped into my mind.

Living in Nor Cal is wonderful... no super cold wx or dirty snow for weeks afterwards to deal with, but I dream someday of waking up to the visions you shared. Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

wrote:
gdale6 know the setting ... live in mining company in the Superior National Forest. The weather changes at a drop of the hat. Great plcs!

Thx, ahh another beautiful place in MN.

Message 4 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

wrote:

Disclaimer... I am a verified and completely irrational weather nut.

Jealousy is a poor word to describe my feelings in looking at your pics, but it was the first one that popped into my mind.

Living in Nor Cal is wonderful... no super cold wx or dirty snow for weeks afterwards to deal with, but I dream someday of waking up to the visions you shared. Smiley Happy 

Im from So Cal, did spend 5 yrs in Nor Cal too, Sacramento and Redding areas before I split for Idaho, got tired of all the business requirements and authorities wanting this and that. Am on my second time living in Michigan now.

Message 5 of 11
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

This was in Buffalo, NY a few years back.  We are used to the snow, but we got 7 ft in a few days.  Crippled us.  I was smack dab in the middle of the storm, 5 miles away, 3 inches.

IMG_0336.JPGIMG_0338.JPGIMG_0343.JPGIMG_0344.JPG

Message 6 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Great shots there of Buffalo, I remember that storm, was a lake effect event with stark demarcation lines. On one street one side was getting snow while the other was not and in the clear. Crazy...

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try living in Lowville or Redfield NY... 

Your pics have lots of snow, but nothing compared to the 400" a year they get. 

Message 8 of 11
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

WOW. I’d have so much fun! 😁

Message 9 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Beautiful pics D!!! I Love the snow, but sometimes Mother Nature can really by testy, lol!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.