Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco VS Sam's Club

tag
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Costco VS Sam's Club

Ok my Fico Friends, I'm posing a question. I'm impressed with the value/quality relationship with Costco products. Meaning I feel you get quality products at a reasonable price, and I like that. 

I don't feel you get cheap products at a cheap price. For that, I go to Walmart. 

Since Sam's club essentially is operated under the Walmart umbrella, what is the value/quality relationship with Sam's products? Is it essentially a glorified Walmart?

I have a Costco membership, and I would like to compare the two chains. I do not have a Sam's membership and I would appreciate some input on the "Sam's experience." Your input is greatly appreciated. :-)

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Costco VS Sam's Club

Here where I live we have a Sam's Club and a Costco relatively close to each other.  I had been a Sam's Club member for a few years when my grandmother took me to Costco.  I wasn't impressed.  I always liked the tire services at Sams.  I always liked the seafood section at Sams.  Costco didn't seem to meet or exceed those experiences.  Then I went back to Sams and got a new membership and pre-approval on a Sams Club Mastercard.  I can use it at WalMart.  The Costco card doesn't have the option of using it at another store.  Get a nail in your tire?  Your Sams Club membership will patch it for free.  I love 2 pounds of quality frozen shrimp at Sams for $14.  It's $15.99 a pound at Lowes Foods here.  I have no need for Costco.

Message 2 of 3
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Re: Costco VS Sam's Club

They haven't been around in 20 plus years but Pace was awesome. I was sad to se them sold..

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.