Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could this be a trojan horse

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could this be a trojan horse

Oldest dd is at school but I got a email from last night I guess stating she wanted me to visit a website that sells electronics. Ok well it appears to be that but it is not a American Website by the money values. Anyways I was thinking what the heck did she want me to go there...then I noticed she had forwarded to what looks like everyone in her address book...now I know that is not her style and now I am thinking something is fishy. Just what I need right now!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Could this be a trojan horse

virus alert.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suspect she has the virus. You may have it now as well. If you have a antivirus program, make sure your definitions are up to date and run a full thorough scan. If you don't have an anti virus program, get one. There is no excuse since there are several good free ones.

She needs to to the same. You both need anti-spyware programs (again free) and you should both use Firefox (IMHO) with the NoScript plug-in rather than Internet Exploder. 

Message Edited by contractor on 01-08-2009 06:34 PM
Message 3 of 4
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

You can get free virus protection from Avast (avast.com) and free anti-spyware protection via Ad-Aware (lavasoft.com). Both are free for private use.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.