Valued Contributor

Re: Crazy Uber Story

What's even crazier is this...

Reported list of incidents involving Uber and Lyft

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMGAH. I'm an uber partner, have used uber numerous times, and I've never had an experience like this! People are CRAZY. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@eddie84 wrote:

What's even crazier is this...

Reported list of incidents involving Uber and Lyft

Thanks for sharing this.  A real eye opener..

Message 4 of 12
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Yah, that was only in US. There was one in India recently.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@eddie84 wrote:

Yah, that was only in US. There was one in India recently.

You don't say.. Oh my goodness... Thanks for digging these up. I am going to be sharing them.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm always leery of one sided stories like this. I had jobs in my younger years dealing with the general public. A lot of times when there was a disagreement or unsatisfied customers, they would embellish their story or flat out lie, just because they got mad or upset. I doubt I could count the number of times I have seen it happen on my fingers and toes.

Im not saying that this guy didnt do this, but you never know. There are mentally unstable people out there, but I HIGHLY doubt the author of this piece gave an exact account of what happened. I really doubt they are as innocent as they make themselves out to be.
Message 7 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Also, I'm sure there's been plenty of things that happen with taxi drivers. There isn't a union trying to get rid of the taxi drivers though, so it's just not made as public. XD
Message 8 of 12
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Also, I'm sure there's been plenty of things that happen with taxi drivers. There isn't a union trying to get rid of the taxi drivers though, so it's just not made as public. XD

THIS +1000.

Every time somethine new and unfamiliar comes along, the media has to get hysterical about it, and in this case they hysteria is helped along by oldline competitors.

Just as "Craigslist killers" or "Craigslist thieves" somehow sound scarier than the standard killers, thieves and con artists who've been around forever, every Uber or Lyft baddie gets examined, while similar problems between taxi drivers and passengers don't.

I agree the "I'm going to **bleep** and kill you" Uber story is damned scary, though! Clearly, that particular driver is going to be taken care of by the cops ASAP. I'll bet some taxi driver somewhere has been similarly terrifying.

Message 9 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'm sure everyone has heard a story of someone who has been in a cab, gets to their destination, and the driver locks them in and wants an extra $100 or something. it happens.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.