Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy thing your Cats do!!!!

tag
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Crazy thing your Cats do!!!!

Littlebit, male,11yrs old, Russian Blue, 17 1/2 lbs (xxl) on weight management diet now. has a stumpy tail.

Babygirl,female,3 yrs old,black, 11 lbs no tail--called a rumpy

Littlebit is smart knows he name and on command he can sit ,shake paws and wag tail.

Likes to lay on his back, talks to the birds and HE sounds like a pigeon.LOL

Babygirl only drinks from the faucet,sleeps under the covers on the bed...scares me everytime.

Also Queen of the pets in the house including a 65lb dog. 

New thing lately, when i get up from sitting on the sofa, she grabs my spot where it's warm.....Now thats a smart cat.

At night,when no one is looking she carries a ball, like its her baby, smacks it under the sofa, then cries about it being gone.

Both exercise  in the morning about 4am, running thru the house, chasing each otherSmiley Indifferent

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Crazy thing your Cats do!!!!

My 9 year old cat has no idea how to play.  When I first got her, I got one of those feathers on stick toy.  I could literally run the feather up and down her body, and she would just look at me like, "Why are you doing that? Please stop."  My husband had fun with the toy, though.  Whenever his friends came over for the next two weeks, they played with that toy--go figure. 

We named her Jezebelle because she is a really good mouser, but she doesnt bring us the mice--just the heads.  One day, she had lined up 7 mousie heads at our door in a neat row.  I have no idea why the heads, but the line up was just perfect.

Message 2 of 22
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My 9 year old cat has no idea how to play.  When I first got her, I got one of those feathers on stick toy.  I could literally run the feather up and down her body, and she would just look at me like, "Why are you doing that? Please stop."  My husband had fun with the toy, though.  Whenever his friends came over for the next two weeks, they played with that toy--go figure. 

We named her Jezebelle because she is a really good mouser, but she doesnt bring us the mice--just the heads.  One day, she had lined up 7 mousie heads at our door in a neat row.  I have no idea why the heads, but the line up was just perfect.

Have you tried one of the laser lights? (BTW, if your husband and his friends had fun with the feather-on-a-stick toy, wait until they get their hands on one of the lasers. They should be able to stay entertained for a long time.)

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too much danger with the lazer lights Smiley Wink.  I've tried even catnip no playing....I guess she just didnt have much of childhood.  She didnt show up on my doorstep until she was older.
Message 4 of 22
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

For those of you that want to save money.

I go to wal-mart or hobby lobby in the craft dept and buy a bag full (24count) of glitter balls.

They have all sizes for 99cents!! Smiley Wink

Compared to the 2-3 of the cat ball toys cost 3 or 4 bucks. 

Any one else have any money saving ideas?? 

Oh another thing,about babygirl....We have a tv armoire ,the back panel doesn't go all the way down,it stops about 8 or 10 inches from the floor.

She crawls around the back of the armoire, goes under the panel and jumps in the bottom drawer.

So when I open the drawerSmiley Surprised up pops a cat.(insert short scream) ....DH thinks its funny. 

Message Edited by LIGHTNIN on 01-20-2010 04:20 PM
FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 22
newstart2010
Blogger

our cat is still somewhat kitten like.  she is a spastic cat, as well.  she will run back and forth across the house, getting up as much speed as possible, and then launch herself up a wall and scramble to see how far up she can get.  then she drops to the ground, looks to see who's watching, and then does it again.

She is a sucker for laser lights, and the little fake mice are her favorite toys.  she carries them around and hourdes them in little secret places.  she will tease the dogs at night when they are in for the night and safe in their kennels.  she will walk by them, raise onto her hind legs, and do this dancing walk in front of them waving her front paws.

she also is addicted to crinkly bags.  any plastic shopping bag HAS to be laid on if it touches the floor.  she loves the sound, which we have usually seen most cats run from the sound.  we have one we keep on the floor in our closet because she sleeps in there and prefers to sleep on the bag.  we got her this crinkle sack for christmas which is basically fabric covered crinkly plastic.  she spends every moment she can in that, and it is her favorite spot when she is not climbing the walls.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine just hides on the countertops so she can smack the dog on the back of the head when he walks by.....  but catnip and toys have never been her thing, even when she was a kitten.

Message 7 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Mine meets my car coming up the driveway and jumps on, if I slow down in time. She climbs up the windshield and gives me a TMI view of her underparts through the moon window (the roof window.) Sometimes she pauses part way up the windshield, and I turn on the windshield wipers and freak her out.

I can sit in the car for 10 minutes, going through the mail, and she sits on the roof, meowing, waiting for me to emerge.

Also, in the Highly Annoying category, she sleeps to the right of my face until around 4 - 4:30, when she decides it's time to go out/ it's time to drink from the bathroom faucet/ it's time to get more dry food in the bowl/ it's time to bug the human. She inches over to the nightstand and picks one item at a time and bats it, until it falls to the ground. Earrings, Bluetooth earpiece, bottles of meds, comb, cell phone, one after another after another until I erupt from the bed and deal with whatever her demands might be.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 22
MattH
Senior Contributor

Our cat likes to play around midnight when my wife and I want to sleep, so she will run around meowing in an attempt to get one of us out of bed.  Eventually she will usually give up and come join us in the bed.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 9 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Kitty Olympics rule!!!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.