Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Contributor

Credit Card thoughts?

[ Edited ]

Reading around on these forums, the curiousity strikes me..

• What is your favorite credit card that you currently have?
  • What credit card do you want the most that you don't already have?

Starting Scores: EQ [ 525 ] TU [ 567 ] EX [ 565 ] - 02/17
Current Scores: EQ [ 573 ] TU [ 581 ] EX [ 596 ] - 03/17
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Card thoughts?

jlh1580 wrote:

Reading around on these forums, the curiousity strikes me..

• What is your favorite credit card that you currently have?
  • What credit card do you want the most that you don't already have?

Picking a favourite card is like picking a favourite child,  Unless they're a bitter disappointment, I love them all equally. Smiley Wink

Also, "favourite" changes, sometimes daily.  My go-to cards are AMEX BCP, Penfed (I want that new Penfed 2% CB card....probably top answer to your 2nd question.  Other than that, believe it or not, LL Bean, and something from FNBO), and Citi AA.  After hitting my spend to get the new bonus, BCP will become just a grocery card. At that point, I will probably put the Chase SW card back in rotation. Also, Sams for gas and Disc for whatever the bonus catagories are.

Contributor

I suppose to answer my own questions above..

• I don't currently have a credit card so I couldn't have a favorite yet
  • I have always been a fan of American Express. Getting in the door with an American Express BCE card would be sweet!

Regular Contributor

So my favorite card right now has to be my CSP because I must met my spending limit and that means $625 in travel rewards for me this summer! I do plan on using that card a lot more so I can get $1000 in travel rewards by summer but man, this card rocks. It's beautiful and it has an amazing reward system. I am looking at the CPR eventually which looks a million times better but with an even HIGHER AF but for all the perks you get, it's absolutely worth it. 

Established Contributor

Depends on for what.  Our favorites Amex bcp, Discover, Citi Dc and somtimes Capt 1 QS.    Amex bcp  for gas and grocery (when I am not fighting what they call a supermarket), Cit Dc 2% on everthing but they are tight with cl, Discover love the service, good limit, Discover Deals and 1 st year match. Capt 1 QS instant post of the 1.5% 

We do pay in full each month. We probably use Amex.   With your scores you probably could get a secured Discover and after 6 to 8 month it might  graduate

Regular Contributor

Hannahj55 wrote:

So my favorite card right now has to be my CSP because I must met my spending limit and that means $625 in travel rewards for me this summer! I do plan on using that card a lot more so I can get $1000 in travel rewards by summer but man, this card rocks. It's beautiful and it has an amazing reward system. I am looking at the CPR eventually which looks a million times better but with an even HIGHER AF but for all the perks you get, it's absolutely worth it. 

I was too excited lol I meant CSR hahaha

Contributor

Backwoods wrote:

Depends on for what.  Our favorites Amex bcp, Discover, Citi Dc and somtimes Capt 1 QS.    Amex bcp  for gas and grocery (when I am not fighting what they call a supermarket), Cit Dc 2% on everthing but they are tight with cl, Discover love the service, good limit, Discover Deals and 1 st year match. Capt 1 QS instant post of the 1.5% 

We do pay in full each month. We probably use Amex.   With your scores you probably could get a secured Discover and after 6 to 8 month it might  graduate

I have been reading a lot about the different perks of cards. I am in the process of rebuilding and just this week got approved for Cap 1 and Discover secured cards. Waiting for them to come in the mail so that I can get the activated and put them to proper use.

Contributor

Hannahj55 wrote:

Hannahj55 wrote:

I assumed that's what you meant. I have heard a lot of good things about Chase as far as travel is concerned. My mom has the Chase Explorer card and she loves it.

Regular Contributor

jlh1580 wrote:

Hannahj55 wrote:

Hannahj55 wrote:

I assumed that's what you meant. I have heard a lot of good things about Chase as far as travel is concerned. My mom has the Chase Explorer card and she loves it.

Chase has been pretty good to me lately. I had a little hiccup with them before but once you are in and you show them that you can make on time payments, they become your best friend! They truly have the best travel reward cards and if that is something you need then please please apply to Chase. They will take care of you. 

Established Contributor

Discover will graduate. C1 should to at some point.  Once you get the chance graduate the Cap 1 to QS or QS 1.  The QS 1 is easier to get  but has an AF. 

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.