Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card thoughts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card thoughts?

favorite:

Citi forward was a long time fav due to restaurants and amazon 5% but time has changed=(

Wanted:

EPOS Chocolate card (like the design, but unfortunately not offered in the US)

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My favorite credit card I have right now is my NFCU Go Rewards.

I want the Chase Saphire Preferred so I can get my 50,000 bonus points and then cancel it before having to pay the annual fee for the second year.  

@Anonymous wrote:

Reading around on these forums, the curiousity strikes me..

• What is your favorite credit card that you currently have?
  • What credit card do you want the most that you don't already have?

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My favorite card right now is my Cap 1 Venture because once I meet the spend, I will have a $400 travel credit rearing to go. 

The card I most want is the Chase Marriott because I stay at Marriotts at least once per month, many tiimes more. It is not just a card I want, it is a card I need because of how frequently I stay with them. 

Message 13 of 20
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Really what you should look for in a card depends on how you use credit cards. If you carry a balance you sould look for cards at credit unions with very low interest rates. If you seek to make a major purchase and extend the payments for say 18 months without paying interest...seek a card with introductory 18 months at 0% interest. If you seek to maximize rewards and PIF, then seek a card with high signup bonus and high rewards and ignore the APR. I have some of each. Due to a 200 dollar signup bonus, my Barclaycard was my favorite until I got the bonus...now, not so much. The Amex BCE card is my favorite at the grocery store due to 3% cash back. My Amazon Visa Signature card is my go to card for Amazon purchases due to 5% cash back. If I did any travel, I could see getting CSR...but being disabled, it is not for me. I am currently 7 months in the garden, but might be bribed out with a card with a 200+ signup bonus. I can be bribed out of the garden, but it will not come cheap.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC definitely the overall favorite at the moment, along with whichever card (Discover or Freeedom) is running 5% at wholesale or groceries at the moment.

No real desire for any other cards at the moment. I wouldn't mind having the Chase Amazon card. It'll probably be my next card, but not in any hurry.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for Cap1 QS as my first card, no established credit, no FICO score. It's great because I get cash back right away and the app comes with credit monitoring. I'm almost six months into it and no problems
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

1) CapOne Quicksilver and Penfed Defender for their cash back rewards across the board. Discover and Amex have good cash back promos from time to time on different quarterly categories.

2) I like Penfed Power Cash Rewards 2% but I don't know if Penfed allows more than one credit card within the first year as a member 

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Picking a fav would be hard, I love all of them.  Any that I didn't love I closed.

I want the Chase Sapphire Reserve but will have to wait a couple years because of 5/24 unless they bring it in the "your offers" before then, which I wouldn't be surprised.  I'm about to app for a couple more soon for this go around.  Then I am thinking I might stretch 4 new cards over the next 24 months so I can be ready to app for CSR when the time comes.  We'll see.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My favorite is Blispay for the 2% back and the financing options, though I have only used it a couple of times, and only ever for purchases more than $199.

My daily favorite is Citi DC for general.

Discover is favorite for categories, though I haven't gotten much use out of it lately.

Message 19 of 20
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

My favorite is the CSR because it has great categories, great xfer partners, and makes my other cards more valuable.

There isn't really a card I want right now except for a mastercard.  Maybe an IHG or BBR.  But I'm not dying for either of those.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.