Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card applications 2014.

tag
Boragard
Established Contributor

Re: Credit card applications 2014.

0 (zero), will be gardening all of 2014!

Message 21 of 31
PhoenixDown
New Contributor

I have the cards I really wanteed to get so mostly I'm planning on CLI's this year.

I may pick up a Citi AAdvantage card because I've wanted to get back in with them and that's the only card that doesn't seem to suck. I also want to start a business and build a line of credit tehre either through Chase or through Amex. Not sure which.

Message 22 of 31
ptilda
Established Contributor

I'd like to apply for the Beaver, and Care Credit (dental work, plus the nice limit). I'd also to put a third one in this next spree (around April or so). Suggestions? Hoping to be well on my way to a Quicksilver, or possibly one with my CU (Affinity Plus).

I have other wish list items, but not ready for them yet.

Anticipating getting my baddies off by then (crossing, fingers, eyes... anything else I think might help), having my util down around 5%, and perfect payment history, of course. Score should be at least 670... or I might be overly hopeful. hehe

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 23 of 31
megaman1
Regular Contributor

I have the cards I really wanteed to get so mostly I'm planning on CLI's this year as someone mentioned.

Message 24 of 31
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

Amex blue preferred I think it is or delta, gas card for the $.05 off for what it's worth I guess, maybe Macy's and Home Depot. NFCU loc, maybe saks. 

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 31
bradb
Established Member

Sad to say but I will be staying in the garden all of next year as well. I will only be trying to get SP CLIs!

I opened up quite a few new accounts this year and definitely need to let them age before applying for new credit.

Message 26 of 31
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

If I apply for a CC this year I think it might be Amex BCP. I pretty much have everything I want and I dont think I am going to get into churning.

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 27 of 31
Longroad
Established Contributor

AMEX Platinum and SPG. Chase Hyatt and Freedom. If I could get those that would be a fabulous year. 

Message 28 of 31
diebadcredit6504
Regular Contributor

removed. 

EX - 522 (Oct 2013) 695 (May 2014)

TU FICO - 580 (Oct 2013) 680 (May 2014)

EQ - 509 - (Oct 2013) 672 (May 2014)
Message 29 of 31
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

wasn't planning on applying but then the 100k citi AA car...

wasn't planning on applying but then the 100k citi AA card came up .. app'd and approved .. gonna garden for the rest of the year .. might see if amex will cli me from 15.9 to 20k which would be a soft pull

I do want a chase bold and plus for the sign up bonuses .. probably going to wait until next january to apply

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.