Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit obsessed

tag
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

Re: Credit obsessed

I currently work with a guy who has no clue on credit. His wife told him he isn't allowed to have credit because its bad and they pay cash for everything. I had to educate on credit and explained to him why it's important. I do wish they had a Credit/Money Managment class for High School.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
Volpes
Regular Contributor

You are not alone. Lately I've been a little too involved in it.

I remember ordering FAKO scores two years ago... yeah, I thought they were THE credit scores.

It gets even worse, 5 years ago I financed my car at the dealership Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 15
nickf4rr
Established Member

Paying cash for everything isn't necessarily bad, though I'd be curious to know why she feels that way.

Perhaps your colleague's wife was traumatized as a child watching her parent's posessions get hauled off by the Repo Man.

It seems like most people here aren't really obsessed with using credit for a particular purpose as much as they are obsessed with gaming their way into a lot of it. Smiley Very Happy

I'm only here because I want one card very, very desperately--and that's for the rewards that come with it!

Starting Score: 621 TU
Current Score: 621 TU
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 15
kibarrow
Established Member

Nickf4rr,
The Repo man comment was the first unnecessary comment I've come across in the forum. Bound to happen.
Congrats man. Feel better... Okay let's move on.
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 14 of 15
kibarrow
Established Member

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.