cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit turns bad due to medical problems? ...And releationships. The blame game.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit turns bad due to medical problems? ...And releationships. The blame game.

Today I over heard this in person. Who's fault is it?

The healthy spouse keeps repeating to the medically ill spouse it's all your fault our credit is bad. Look what you are doing to this relationship. I'm having a hard time seeing it from the healthy spouse's side.

The healthy spouse says I'm allowed to be upset because your condition is hurting me too. So the the healthy spouse is taking it out on the ill spouse. And the blame game goes on.

Smiley Sad I feel bad when I see this. I don't understand why people get this way.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 09-15-2008 03:32 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit turns bad due to medical problems? ...And releationships. The blame game.

All I can say is that if I had a medical condition that was severe enough to make an impact on my credit history and my spouse was more concerned about the impact my illness had on my credit, rather than my health....I would soon be calling him my ex-spouse.
Message 2 of 5
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit turns bad due to medical problems? ...And releationships. The blame game.

Why wouldn't the healthy spouse put the unhealthy spouse on their insurance? Now, I'm not married - but my SO is on my insurance, she has the same benefits I do.  
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is awful, and makes me sad. Wow... Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I've unfortunately gotten exasperated at various convalescents in my family (I just got you water; what are you, a goldfish?), but I can't imagine even thinking that way, much less crapping all over a seriously ill person like that.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.