Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutting grass

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Cutting grass

He asked his wife to send him dirt (U.S. soil), fertilizer, and some grass seed so that he can have the sweet aroma, and feel the grass grow beneath his feet. When the men of the squadron have a mission that they are going on, they take turns walking through the grass and the American soil -- to bring them good luck.

Of all the things he could have asked his wife to send to him from home...........he asked for American soil.

Grass.jpg

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cutting grass

Cool. It's growing well too.

Message 2 of 10
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Fantastic article MVV, thanks for sharing with us.  I have a family member who was just deployed a week ago to Afghanistan for his third tour of duty.  He is a pilot on a troop carrier.  My hat is off to all of our brave men and women in the service, both past and present. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Fantastic article MVV, thanks for sharing with us.  I have a family member who was just deployed a week ago to Afghanistan for his third tour of duty.  He is a pilot on a troop carrier.  My hat is off to all of our brave men and women in the service, both past and present. 

I hope he stays safe.

Each generation carries the torch forward and protects those who served before them. Just as I was proud to serve and protect my father's (World War II) generation the brave men and women of today now protect me.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

I love this picture.  I first saw it a couple years back, while browsing through my second-favorite website.  More details about this soldier and a similar story can be found here:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/grass.asp

Message 5 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

that is so awesome!  thanks for posting this.  it made my day Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

I hope he stays safe.      Thank you MVV

Each generation carries the torch forward and protects those who served before them. Just as I was proud to serve and protect my father's (World War II) generation the brave men and women of today now protect me.  Smiley Happy    AMEN

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is awesome MarineVietVet, thank you for sharing that with us!

@ Imhotrodcrazy, I hope your family member stays safe and returns home to you and your family very soon, God Bless our Troops and the USA!!!!

Message 8 of 10
awal
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That is awesome MarineVietVet, thank you for sharing that with us!

@ Imhotrodcrazy, I hope your family member stays safe and returns home to you and your family very soon, God Bless our Troops and the USA!!!!

+1

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 9 of 10
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Please give a few moments of your time today,  to reflect on what our brave service men and women are going thru, while we are home celebrating the 4th.  May God bless them and keep them safe.  

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.