Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader

Get kicked from the big table? Aint nobody got time for that! (best youtube video ever next to Hide yo' kids and Epic Rap Battles of History)

Message 21 of 78
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@azguy13 wrote:

Get kicked from the big table? Aint nobody got time for that! (best youtube video ever next to Hide yo' kids and Epic Rap Battles of History)

I've watched all the Epic Rap Battles of History.. they are sooooo   funny!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 22 of 78
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Just a random question:

How do you figure out who gets invites to be a Mod/Admin/CL??? Smiley Indifferent

Certain criteria?

Truthfully....  Mods are chosen from the CLs.  CLs are those that have been noticed by the mods or administration as having going above and beyond in helping on the boards.  They must adhere strictly to the TOS and have a history of bad behavior on the boards.  When positions become available, or there is an increased need of help with the boards, the mods will choose those that they have considered to meet the guidlines.  Once this has been done, it goes before administration to do the final verdict.  Also note, that that which has been given, can be taken away.  You must keep your nose clean and continue the same character you have demonstrated in the past, or you get kicked from the big table.   Smiley Happy

No wonder you guys chose me as pin the Donkey Smiley Sad I have nerve problems now. I twitch while laying in bed. Muscle relaxers are ineffective.

Message 23 of 78
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Just a random question:

How do you figure out who gets invites to be a Mod/Admin/CL??? Smiley Indifferent

Certain criteria?

Truthfully....  Mods are chosen from the CLs.  CLs are those that have been noticed by the mods or administration as having going above and beyond in helping on the boards.  They must adhere strictly to the TOS and have a history of bad behavior on the boards.  When positions become available, or there is an increased need of help with the boards, the mods will choose those that they have considered to meet the guidlines.  Once this has been done, it goes before administration to do the final verdict.  Also note, that that which has been given, can be taken away.  You must keep your nose clean and continue the same character you have demonstrated in the past, or you get kicked from the big table.   Smiley Happy

No wonder you guys chose me as pin the Donkey Smiley Sad I have nerve problems now. I twitch while laying in bed. Muscle relaxers are ineffective.

I noticed that too lol. 

Message 24 of 78
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 25 of 78
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

What does your day to day activities consist of for myfico?

Are there certain rules of thumb to log on once a day, have a meeting etc?

I'm curious since I'm a 'super' mod on an immgration forum and we have some activities that we need to be involved in (volunteer of course) but required to maintain.

modship

The ranks are : Group Leaders, Mod, Super Mods, Admins

Please share your experience Smiley Happy

First of all, Mods are not allowed to have a real life.  All their interests other than credit and this board need to be subsumed into their Modships.  Smiley Very Happy

I have held various positions on other boards, and I quit them all for the same reason - being a Mod, Supermod and/or Admin sucks you in and starts interfering with real life.  Everytime I swore "never again", and since the last time I have been able to stay on the straight and narrow, and turn down any and all offers.  I am offiicially on the waggon for life   Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 26 of 78
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I'm curious since I'm a 'super' mod on an immgration forum and we have some activities that we need to be involved in (volunteer of course) but required to maintain.

modship

First of all, Mods are not allowed to have a real life.  All their interests other than credit and this board need to be subsumed into their Modships.  Smiley Very Happy

I have held various positions on other boards, and I quit them all for the same reason - being a Mod, Supermod and/or Admin sucks you in and starts interfering with real life.  Everytime I swore "never again", and since the last time I have been able to stay on the straight and narrow, and turn down any and all offers.  I am offiicially on the waggon for life   Smiley Very Happy

Depending on the employer and website ADMINS are actually paid as they are employess Smiley Wink Not sure about myFICO. I still receive milk duds Smiley Sad

Message 27 of 78
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

modship

Depending on the employer and website ADMINS are actually paid as they are employess Smiley Wink Not sure about myFICO. I still receive milk duds Smiley Sad

and all things end where they begin!!! +1 MILK DUDS!

Message 28 of 78
myjourney
Super Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

modship

Depending on the employer and website ADMINS are actually paid as they are employess Smiley Wink Not sure about myFICO. I still receive milk duds :smileysad:

Lol

Skittles would have been betterSmiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 29 of 78
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

modship

Depending on the employer and website ADMINS are actually paid as they are employess Smiley Wink Not sure about myFICO. I still receive milk duds :smileysad:

Lol

Skittles would have been betterSmiley LOL

I prefer Now and Laters... they last FOREVER

Message 30 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.