Reply
Moderator
Posts: 13,587
Registered: ‎04-15-2011

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader


guiness56 wrote:

Volpes wrote:
I believe one of the requirements is to be anti free-speech?

As long as it doesn't violate the TOS of the forums free speech is fine.


+1

 

mFICO must adhere to the CROA guidlines, that's why somethings are not allowed to be posted.  Also, this is a serious board, for serious people with serious problems, concerns and questions.  



Starting Score: 504




July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Moderator
Posts: 13,587
Registered: ‎04-15-2011

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader

BBQ today,, Shoguns house... BYOB!!!!!



Starting Score: 504




July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Established Contributor
Posts: 633
Registered: ‎05-28-2013

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to say you guys are doing an awesome job on these forums.  I used to be a moderator on one of Lithium-run forums and the rules were pretty strict.  You'd have to sign a NDA before you could join the team and there were a lot of stuff going on behind the scene (slapping each other with trouts on IRC was one of them lol).

 

Please keep up the good work. :smileytongue:

 

 

Administrator
Posts: 993
Registered: ‎03-24-2010

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader

[ Edited ]

eddie84 wrote:

Just wanted to say you guys are doing an awesome job on these forums.  I used to be a moderator on one of Lithium-run forums and the rules were pretty strict.  You'd have to sign a NDA before you could join the team and there were a lot of stuff going on behind the scene (slapping each other with trouts on IRC was one of them lol).

 

Please keep up the good work. :smileytongue:

 

 


I remember those days.  We even had a "Nemo" that one of the mods would "slap" people with.  LOL
 

Scroll over cards for limits and APR's. Total credit available $44.8K, utilization 12%, FICO score 752 (rebuilt from low score of 540 in May, 2005) Entered the garden 11/5/2013; In the Garden until 02/2016



Established Contributor
Posts: 633
Registered: ‎05-28-2013

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader

[ Edited ]

KaLin wrote:

eddie84 wrote:

Just wanted to say you guys are doing an awesome job on these forums.  I used to be a moderator on one of Lithium-run forums and the rules were pretty strict.  You'd have to sign a NDA before you could join the team and there were a lot of stuff going on behind the scene (slapping each other with trouts on IRC was one of them lol).

 

Please keep up the good work. :smileytongue:

 

 


I remember those days.  We even had a "Nemo" that one of the mods would "slap" people with.  LOL
 

Nemo?  Haha.. that is awesome!  Oh and don't forget the secret mod lounge that y'all deny it exists. :smileyvery-happy:

Moderator
Posts: 13,587
Registered: ‎04-15-2011

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader


eddie84 wrote:

KaLin wrote:

eddie84 wrote:

Just wanted to say you guys are doing an awesome job on these forums.  I used to be a moderator on one of Lithium-run forums and the rules were pretty strict.  You'd have to sign a NDA before you could join the team and there were a lot of stuff going on behind the scene (slapping each other with trouts on IRC was one of them lol).

 

Please keep up the good work. :smileytongue:

 

 


I remember those days.  We even had a "Nemo" that one of the mods would "slap" people with.  LOL
 

Nemo?  Haha.. that is awesome!  Oh and don't forget the secret mod lounge that y'all deny it exists. :smileyvery-happy:


Of course it doesn't exist,,,,  except pizzadue keeps forgetting to take out the trash... all those pizza boxes!



Starting Score: 504




July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader

Just a random question:

 

How do you figure out who gets invites to be a Mod/Admin/CL??? :smileyindifferent:

 

Certain criteria?




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,189
Registered: ‎03-24-2008

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader


LS2982 wrote:

Just a random question:

 

How do you figure out who gets invites to be a Mod/Admin/CL??? :smileyindifferent:

 

Certain criteria?


It's like the fico score algorithm...It's a secret.

FICO's Oct 2013 TU711 EQ713 EX723~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Moderator
Posts: 13,587
Registered: ‎04-15-2011

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader


LIGHTNIN wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

Just a random question:

 

How do you figure out who gets invites to be a Mod/Admin/CL??? :smileyindifferent:

 

Certain criteria?


It's like the fico score algorithm...It's a secret.


You made me laugh Lightnin,,,  wish I'd come up with that one!



Starting Score: 504




July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Moderator
Posts: 13,587
Registered: ‎04-15-2011

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader


LS2982 wrote:

Just a random question:

 

How do you figure out who gets invites to be a Mod/Admin/CL??? :smileyindifferent:

 

Certain criteria?


Truthfully....  Mods are chosen from the CLs.  CLs are those that have been noticed by the mods or administration as having going above and beyond in helping on the boards.  They must adhere strictly to the TOS and have a history of bad behavior on the boards.  When positions become available, or there is an increased need of help with the boards, the mods will choose those that they have considered to meet the guidlines.  Once this has been done, it goes before administration to do the final verdict.  Also note, that that which has been given, can be taken away.  You must keep your nose clean and continue the same character you have demonstrated in the past, or you get kicked from the big table.   :smileyhappy:



Starting Score: 504




July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.