Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,170
Registered: ‎04-30-2013

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader

Get kicked from the big table? Aint nobody got time for that! (best youtube video ever next to Hide yo' kids and Epic Rap Battles of History)


Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 14,051
Registered: ‎04-15-2011

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader


azguy13 wrote:

Get kicked from the big table? Aint nobody got time for that! (best youtube video ever next to Hide yo' kids and Epic Rap Battles of History)


I've watched all the Epic Rap Battles of History.. they are sooooo   funny!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,928
Registered: ‎10-26-2012

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader


Shogun wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

Just a random question:

 

How do you figure out who gets invites to be a Mod/Admin/CL??? Smiley Indifferent

 

Certain criteria?


Truthfully....  Mods are chosen from the CLs.  CLs are those that have been noticed by the mods or administration as having going above and beyond in helping on the boards.  They must adhere strictly to the TOS and have a history of bad behavior on the boards.  When positions become available, or there is an increased need of help with the boards, the mods will choose those that they have considered to meet the guidlines.  Once this has been done, it goes before administration to do the final verdict.  Also note, that that which has been given, can be taken away.  You must keep your nose clean and continue the same character you have demonstrated in the past, or you get kicked from the big table.   Smiley Happy


No wonder you guys chose me as pin the Donkey Smiley Sad I have nerve problems now. I twitch while laying in bed. Muscle relaxers are ineffective.

Epic Contributor
Posts: 22,398
Registered: ‎01-17-2008

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader


DaBears wrote:

Shogun wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

Just a random question:

 

How do you figure out who gets invites to be a Mod/Admin/CL??? Smiley Indifferent

 

Certain criteria?


Truthfully....  Mods are chosen from the CLs.  CLs are those that have been noticed by the mods or administration as having going above and beyond in helping on the boards.  They must adhere strictly to the TOS and have a history of bad behavior on the boards.  When positions become available, or there is an increased need of help with the boards, the mods will choose those that they have considered to meet the guidlines.  Once this has been done, it goes before administration to do the final verdict.  Also note, that that which has been given, can be taken away.  You must keep your nose clean and continue the same character you have demonstrated in the past, or you get kicked from the big table.   Smiley Happy


No wonder you guys chose me as pin the Donkey Smiley Sad I have nerve problems now. I twitch while laying in bed. Muscle relaxers are ineffective.


I noticed that too lol. 

 

 

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,928
Registered: ‎10-26-2012

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader

Super Contributor
Posts: 8,198
Registered: ‎03-25-2007

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader


CS800 wrote:

What does your day to day activities consist of for myfico?

 

Are there certain rules of thumb to log on once a day, have a meeting etc?

 

I'm curious since I'm a 'super' mod on an immgration forum and we have some activities that we need to be involved in (volunteer of course) but required to maintain.

modship

 

The ranks are : Group Leaders, Mod, Super Mods, Admins

 

Please share your experience Smiley Happy


First of all, Mods are not allowed to have a real life.  All their interests other than credit and this board need to be subsumed into their Modships.  Smiley Very Happy

 

I have held various positions on other boards, and I quit them all for the same reason - being a Mod, Supermod and/or Admin sucks you in and starts interfering with real life.  Everytime I swore "never again", and since the last time I have been able to stay on the straight and narrow, and turn down any and all offers.  I am offiicially on the waggon for life   Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,928
Registered: ‎10-26-2012

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader


MidnightVoice wrote:

CS800 wrote:

What does your day to day activities consist of for myfico?

 

Are there certain rules of thumb to log on once a day, have a meeting etc?

 

I'm curious since I'm a 'super' mod on an immgration forum and we have some activities that we need to be involved in (volunteer of course) but required to maintain.

modship

 

The ranks are : Group Leaders, Mod, Super Mods, Admins

 

Please share your experience Smiley Happy


First of all, Mods are not allowed to have a real life.  All their interests other than credit and this board need to be subsumed into their Modships.  Smiley Very Happy

 

I have held various positions on other boards, and I quit them all for the same reason - being a Mod, Supermod and/or Admin sucks you in and starts interfering with real life.  Everytime I swore "never again", and since the last time I have been able to stay on the straight and narrow, and turn down any and all offers.  I am offiicially on the waggon for life   Smiley Very Happy


Depending on the employer and website ADMINS are actually paid as they are employess Smiley Wink Not sure about myFICO. I still receive milk duds Smiley Sad

Contributor
Posts: 202
Registered: ‎06-30-2013

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader


DaBears wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:

CS800 wrote:

What does your day to day activities consist of for myfico?

 

Are there certain rules of thumb to log on once a day, have a meeting etc?

 

I'm curious since I'm a 'super' mod on an immgration forum and we have some activities that we need to be involved in (volunteer of course) but required to maintain.

modship

 

The ranks are : Group Leaders, Mod, Super Mods, Admins

 

Please share your experience Smiley Happy


First of all, Mods are not allowed to have a real life.  All their interests other than credit and this board need to be subsumed into their Modships.  Smiley Very Happy

 

I have held various positions on other boards, and I quit them all for the same reason - being a Mod, Supermod and/or Admin sucks you in and starts interfering with real life.  Everytime I swore "never again", and since the last time I have been able to stay on the straight and narrow, and turn down any and all offers.  I am offiicially on the waggon for life   Smiley Very Happy


Depending on the employer and website ADMINS are actually paid as they are employess Smiley Wink Not sure about myFICO. I still receive milk duds Smiley Sad


and all things end where they begin!!! +1 MILK DUDS!


IN THE GARDEN TILL 7/1/14!!!
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 30,826
Registered: ‎02-07-2013

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader


DaBears wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:

CS800 wrote:

What does your day to day activities consist of for myfico?

 

Are there certain rules of thumb to log on once a day, have a meeting etc?

 

I'm curious since I'm a 'super' mod on an immgration forum and we have some activities that we need to be involved in (volunteer of course) but required to maintain.

modship

 

The ranks are : Group Leaders, Mod, Super Mods, Admins

 

Please share your experience Smiley Happy


First of all, Mods are not allowed to have a real life.  All their interests other than credit and this board need to be subsumed into their Modships.  Smiley Very Happy

 

I have held various positions on other boards, and I quit them all for the same reason - being a Mod, Supermod and/or Admin sucks you in and starts interfering with real life.  Everytime I swore "never again", and since the last time I have been able to stay on the straight and narrow, and turn down any and all offers.  I am offiicially on the waggon for life   Smiley Very Happy


Depending on the employer and website ADMINS are actually paid as they are employess Smiley Wink Not sure about myFICO. I still receive milk duds :smileysad:


Lol

Skittles would have been betterSmiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,170
Registered: ‎04-30-2013

Re: Daily life of a Mod/Admin/Comm leader


myjourney wrote:

DaBears wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:

CS800 wrote:

What does your day to day activities consist of for myfico?

 

Are there certain rules of thumb to log on once a day, have a meeting etc?

 

I'm curious since I'm a 'super' mod on an immgration forum and we have some activities that we need to be involved in (volunteer of course) but required to maintain.

modship

 

The ranks are : Group Leaders, Mod, Super Mods, Admins

 

Please share your experience Smiley Happy


First of all, Mods are not allowed to have a real life.  All their interests other than credit and this board need to be subsumed into their Modships.  Smiley Very Happy

 

I have held various positions on other boards, and I quit them all for the same reason - being a Mod, Supermod and/or Admin sucks you in and starts interfering with real life.  Everytime I swore "never again", and since the last time I have been able to stay on the straight and narrow, and turn down any and all offers.  I am offiicially on the waggon for life   Smiley Very Happy


Depending on the employer and website ADMINS are actually paid as they are employess Smiley Wink Not sure about myFICO. I still receive milk duds :smileysad:


Lol

Skittles would have been betterSmiley LOL


I prefer Now and Laters... they last FOREVER


Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.