Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dating

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dating

@twall06 wrote:
Yeah mtb is my love right now she never complains and is always ready to go. Extra hobbies I have, kids go to bed at 8 so I learned or am learning to play guitar it really not a big deal was just feeling down bout it never really just been blown off before. Guess it happens to most people at some point.
Haha they told me my wife was a dud but live and learn I guess.

Then take your time this time and be very picky.  Don't rush into it.  As another poster said, it is when you are not looking thats when good things happen to you.  The women will always be there.

Brush of the blowoff and chalk it as a lesson learn. Don't be too eager to get together with them.  Set the expectation from the get go and if they the women don't have the decency to let you know they can't make it, then they are not worth your time.

Lastly something I learn, take your time and always marry the woman who loves you more than you love herSmiley Happy..

Message 11 of 20
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Will take everyone's advice. This is why I love this forum so many different people from different backgrounds sharing experiences and supporting each other with more than just credit things . It's a great community to be a part of.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@twall06 wrote:
Will take everyone's advice. This is why I love this forum so many different people from different backgrounds sharing experiences and supporting each other with more than just credit things . It's a great community to be a part of.

You are welcome.  Hang in thereSmiley Happy...

And to cap it off, I suggest on a first date intentionally take her swimming.  Secretly, the reason will be once she gets in the water, the makeup will wash off and if the hair is also fake, you will notice immediately.

There, you will see the real face behind the makeup and text messagesSmiley TongueSmiley Very Happy...

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@twall06 wrote:

You are welcome.  Hang in thereSmiley Happy...

And to cap it off, I suggest on a first date intentionally take her swimming.  Secretly, the reason will be once she gets in the water, the makeup will wash off and if the hair is also fake, you will notice immediately.

There, you will see the real face behind the makeup and text messagesSmiley TongueSmiley Very Happy...

Recently saw some comedian, can't remember whom, who said "A first date is going out with a representative. It's like a job interview.  You're not getting the real person, you're getting their resume"

Chris Tucker maybe?  But yeah, also had a bit about credit card debt. Super funny.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was Chris Rock who has divorced since that routine.
Message 15 of 20
twall06
Frequent Contributor

To much debt is a reason I ended up passing on a few been in that situation before ain't going back to it.
Message 16 of 20
red259
Super Contributor

@twall06 wrote:
This forum helped me rebuild my credit I bought a house then four months later ended up filing for divorce . Not a situation I ever imagined would happen . Was with wife for six years I feel out of touch with dating world when I go out so much has changed. Any advice would be appreciated surely others have been in this situation with so many ways to communicate I feel dating is more difficult. I don't like to text a lot I view texting as a way to make plans not conversate ( maybe I'm wrong ) buy I've made plans several times say on a sat or Sunday I don't text all week till wendsday or Thursday to confirm but never hear back ... It's a little frustrating most of the time I'm jot even the one who engages the initial conversation so I don't get why if they engage we make plans then get blown off. Do women really want someone to text everyday before the first date even happens? I really don't have a lot of free time with work and I have primary over the kids so I only have a few days free a month . And I hate making plans that end up not happening when I could be doing something else. Blah just having a crappy week.

Women in their 20s are a bit different. Now I am older and I am dating mostly professional women in their mid to late 30s. They don't like a lot of texting and just want to go out. Given your limited time you may want to try signing up for events that interest you, cooking classes, running, rock climbing, book groups, whatever.It may be easier to meet people that way and once you meet face to face they are much less likely to flake out on you. Another option is to see if you can meet for a lunch or coffee in afternoon. This way you can determine who is going to flake and who will show up on your free days.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 17 of 20
twall06
Frequent Contributor

The lack of time makes it hard to do anything during the week. Something will come up I have not been single that long and am not trying to rush into anything serious.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just keep up with the online dating. One advice I always tell my friends venturing into the online scene is to have a thick skin for rejections. I have to admit, I was a serial online dater between 27-30. This all started after college and getting my first job. Started college late as I wasn't motivated... I used OKcupid, Match, Tinder, and Coffee Meets Bagel. Went on 100+ dates and ended up with 15 being awesome friends. Nowadays, most women would use text as their main way to communicate and flirt. Out of all the dates, I think only 4 actually want to speak on the phone. 

Once I hit 30, I took some time off and focus on myself. Career, goals, traveling, building stronger friendship with friends, and of course rebuilding the ex that doesn't go away...Fico Score. Then I started Tinder again and found my current gf of over a year now. I wasn't even trying as hard like the ol'days, and it just happened when we both swiped right. Never been happier. 

With that being said, try to meet up with the date during lunch or for a quick coffee break. If anything leads further, follow up for a scheduled date. Also look into meet-up groups in your area, http://www.meetup.com . They have groups for all sorts of hobby and it's a fun way to meet new people.

Message 19 of 20
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I'm back on a hot streak now all of a sudden five numbers in a few days. Kid's baseball season starting helped a bit Smiley Happy and we had a cold snap gets people back in cuffing mode.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.