Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dave Ramsey Follower's

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Dave Ramsey Follower's

@KingAdrock wrote:
It would definitely be overkill to say everyone in the world should abstain from alcohol forever to avoid any chance of alcoholism.

Perhaps but every person with a alcohol/drug problem wouldnt be where they are today if they hadnt taken that first drink/hit/toke.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 61 of 64
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

@KingAdrock wrote:
It would definitely be overkill to say everyone in the world should abstain from alcohol forever to avoid any chance of alcoholism.

Perhaps but every person with a alcohol/drug problem wouldnt be where they are today if they hadnt taken that first drink/hit/toke.

Of course that's true. But my point is out of all the people who have ever consumed alcohol, not many developed such a problem that it had to be cured by completely abstaining. DR advocates getting rid of all credit because some people are spending addicts. But how many people really have such a spending problem that the only way to stop is to burn all your cards? I'd think that is an even smaller percentage.

I think the credit/alcohol parallel is a good one, but of course no parallel is perfect. Drinking alcohol is certainly not helpful to you like building your credit, and quitting drinking is not quite "throwing out the baby with the bathwater" like getting rid of your credit.

Message 62 of 64
marty56
Super Contributor

LOL the irony is Dave's would never allow someone like me who used a DMP (He hates them) and is no able to use credit as it was meant to be to call and say say they where debt free or even talk about how that did it since I didnt do it Dave's way.

I have to remember that Dave's is in business to sell a product to help people get out of debt and my way and many ideas in this forum compete with him.  Too bad really since I like Dave.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 63 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just another entertainer who should not be followed blindly, IMHO.

If you listen to enough people, you can figure out on your own what YOU need to do. It isn't necessary to get validation from some Guru to get results.

Message 64 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.