Did you mean: 

Dear Popups

tag
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Dear Popups

@Rhaeny wrote:

@Coldness wrote:

I haven't seen a single popup. And AdBlock was able to get rid of that scrollbar first try. Smiley Very Happy

Lawdy Thank You!!!!

I just installed it and it was instantaneous.  No more scrolling bar across the top.  Whew!!!

Firefox browser with AdBlockPlus and NoScript. Miracle workers. I've never seen any form of ad or pop-up at this site.

Message 11 of 18
Open123
Super Contributor

While I'm not a huge fan of pop-ups, it really doesn't bother me that much.  And, if it did, just use Firefox no scripts or any adblocker.

Personally, I've no qualms with people making some money for their efforts.  It's unreasonable to expect (while appreciate it) anyone to provide a free service on an ongoing basis.  All things being equal, if I were to app for a Discover, mind as well click this link as opposed to another whose site I don't frequent or find as valuable.

Message 12 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

@Coldness wrote:

I haven't seen a single popup. And AdBlock was able to get rid of that scrollbar first try. Smiley Very Happy

Lawdy Thank You!!!!

I just installed it and it was instantaneous.  No more scrolling bar across the top.  Whew!!!

Firefox browser with AdBlockPlus and NoScript. Miracle workers. I've never seen any form of ad or pop-up at this site.

Can you PM me where you get adblockplus?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 18
scarzy
Regular Contributor

From all the knowledge gleaned from here, they can pop-up 20 times!!! Smiley Very Happy

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 14 of 18
codimom
Frequent Contributor

and truthfully, if this is helping keep one of my favorite sites up and free..then scrolling a bit more is a small price to pay.  It just makes my gardening resolve weak.  I've just been lucky so far not to get too many

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 15 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

@codimom wrote:

and truthfully, if this is helping keep one of my favorite sites up and free..then scrolling a bit more is a small price to pay. 

+1

@codimom wrote:
It just makes my gardening resolve weak.  I've just been lucky so far not to get too many

You can do it!!!
Message 16 of 18
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

I wonder how long this thread will survive. LOL!

I'd become used to the top scroll as I could just scroll down but the pop-ups are very annoying indeed. It would make me NOT want to click even if I want the card. Thanks to the poster who provided the fix.Smiley Happy

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 17 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Aaahhh, no pop ups or scroll bar thanks to my iPad!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.