Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit free

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debit free

I carry mine in case of needing an ATM at some point or something. Also use it to "check in" at my bank branch if I need to make a deposit or withdrawal. Just my main account's card though, I don't carry my credit union debits.

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still carry mine in case I need cash from the ATM.  I haven't used one to make a purchase for years though.

Message 12 of 34
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I definitely  have to carry mine as Europe is very far from  "all cc" yet ... slowly improving but  a long road to go and still many  merchants with "MAESTRO - debit cards only"  Smiley Tongue  .. it is about as fast as the US moving with chip & pin...lol

Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always carry mine. I carry 3 in fact. Along with 6 credit cards. Wallet packed to the brim.
Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lincoln465 wrote:
I always carry mine. I carry 3 in fact. Along with 6 credit cards. Wallet packed to the brim.

Why 3?

Message 15 of 34
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

What happens if you run into a merchant who won't accept credit cards or you need to withdraw money from an ATM? I keep my debit card on me just for those purposes.

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SomeGuyOnTheWeb wrote:

What happens if you run into a merchant who won't accept credit cards or you need to withdraw money from an ATM? I keep my debit card on me just for those purposes.

I carry a small amount of cash on hand. On which occasion I will inquire about a discount.

Also, I do carry a Discover Checking card which I use for items under $2. Mininum of 10c back per swipe/use. Currently 20c.

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SomeGuyOnTheWeb wrote:

I don't shop that often. I guess if I knew that I was going somewhere that may not accept cards I would carry my checkbook or grab some cash from the safe. Or dust off the old debit card. But for everyday transactions (gas, food, etc) I know that I will be able to use my CC so I don't carry debit anymore.

Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I'm more than 30 minutes away from home, I carry my debit card.
Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lincoln465 wrote:

Why 3?

Idk, i have 3 bank accounts. Different accounts for different things. I admit i do not have to carry them all, as they are all with chase and if i needed cash from a specific one i can do a simple quick money transfer with the mobile app. Oh well, lol. 

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.