Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt is the Devil!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt is the Devil!

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

Granted, Dave Ramsey is not for everyone. However, there is a select LARGE group of the general population that can benefit from his teachings. If y'all would read the "financial happiness" post on this forum, you would understand who the Dave Ramsey program is for. 

Dave's teachings have helped thousands and thousands get out of debt and have financially productive lives. That's no joke, and the numbers speak for themselves. 

If you don't count yourselves as part of the population that NEEDS his teachings because you are already financially literate, my sincere congratulations to you. That however, does not make Dave a hypocrite by any means. It just means YOU don't need HIS teachings. 

I  agree with most people on here about their thoughts on him being ... But since you defend him and say his numbers speak for themselves, can you share the stats of people that have benefited from his credit tutelage?.

Perhaps, that can help me take him more seriously going forward. Thank you in advance.

Message 11 of 15
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

Granted, Dave Ramsey is not for everyone. However, there is a select LARGE group of the general population that can benefit from his teachings. If y'all would read the "financial happiness" post on this forum, you would understand who the Dave Ramsey program is for. 

Dave's teachings have helped thousands and thousands get out of debt and have financially productive lives. That's no joke, and the numbers speak for themselves. 

If you don't count yourselves as part of the population that NEEDS his teachings because you are already financially literate, my sincere congratulations to you. That however, does not make Dave a hypocrite by any means. It just means YOU don't need HIS teachings. 

I  agree with most people on here about their thoughts on him being ... But since you defend him and say his numbers speak for themselves, can you share the stats of people that have benefited from his credit tutelage?.

Perhaps, that can help me take him more seriously going forward. Thank you in advance.

Yes, will gladly share some stats, however it will take me some time to gather them since I don't have them handy. Thanks for the opportunity!😃

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is how I avoid debt:

Message 13 of 15
marty56
Super Contributor

While I disagree with some of his ideas, he has helped people get out of debt and stay out of debt.

His "debt snowball" plan is similar to what DMP programs use which worked for me all those years ago.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Dave is good for some. However i think the people that are on these sites are more in the Clark Howard mind set. Dave preachs using cash because the people he helps are so far in CC debt they shouldn't be within a mile of a CC.
While Clark Howard is the type to get CCs for the benifits and points but to PIF every month.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.