cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you give any time to a hobby today?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did you give any time to a hobby today?

- Fixed a plumbing leak going out from hotwater heater.

- Replaced heating elements in Hot Water Heater

- Installed new toilet kit in master bath 

- Fixed master shower (replaced section of wall and tile)

- Replaced guest bath tub/shower valve

- Resodded the lawn

- Weed/Feed the lawn

- Fixed the weed eater

Of course, this isn't just today.  And I still have a pretty good honey-do list to go.

I hate my current hobby Smiley Wink

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-19-2009 02:53 PM
Message 11 of 20
marty56
Super Contributor

My new hobby is buying silver coins from Canada and Australia.  My sister and I got my dad a gold coin for his 80th birthday and I am now hooked on coin collecting.

http://www.newyorkmint.net/search/searchresults/014896.aspx

This is the new one I just purchased.  Silver is a better option for me than gold since I cant afford to buy gold coins and the silver ones look way better. 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@marty56 wrote:

My new hobby is buying silver coins from Canada and Australia.  My sister and I got my dad a gold coin for his 80th birthday and I am now hooked on coin collecting.

http://www.newyorkmint.net/search/searchresults/014896.aspx

This is the new one I just purchased.  Silver is a better option for me than gold since I cant afford to buy gold coins and the silver ones look way better. 

With that in mind, my collecting passion is fine leather bound edition books of heirloom quality.  I really love beautiful books.  I like all books, but a really nice, leather book is divine.  I also love old books....say 75 years or older.  I have some going back over 150 years.

Message 13 of 20
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

Knitting!

I just got word today that a lace shawl I made got 1st prize at the New York State Fair - yayyy!  I love knitting and designing knitwear.

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 14 of 20
Henrietta23
Valued Member

Boldilocks, that is a fine achievement!  Congratulations!!
Message 15 of 20
Henrietta23
Valued Member

Txjohn, your post sounds like it could have been written by my husband.  You are both talented guys who are saving yourselves a lot of money by completing so many projects yourselves. 

I'm glad you are taking some time out to post on SmorgasBoard.  I will look for other posts from you.

Do something today that is just for YOU.  (You don't have to tell anyone what you did!)

Henrietta23

Message 16 of 20
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I did partake in my hobby of drinking wine last evening.  I did cross-stitch yesterday as well.   Below is WOOL GATHERER, stitched on linen using silk thread, embellished with New Zealand wool and charms.  I won 2nd place in a large Needlework Art Guild showing.  I worked every day for one year on this *little piece*.

Message 17 of 20
Henrietta23
Valued Member

Fishbjc:  Excellent!  Thank you for the picture. 
Message 18 of 20
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Fish, your needlework is incredbile. Great pic....

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 20
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

Now that the semester has begun, I rarely get to attend to hobbies. My greatest pleasure comes from reading really good fiction but I CONSUME books and generally cannot attend to all my other responsibilities when I read so I ration it through the term. Labor Day weekend is my next opportunity.

However, I frequently squeeze in time here which is educational but also enjoyable, so I call it a hobby!

Ooh, and then there's my freshwater tank, make that tanks - decided to get a smaller one for my office. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Math_Rocks on 09-02-2009 08:47 AM
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.