cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you signup for Discover 5% category for this quarter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you signup for Discover 5% category for this quarter?

New July/Aug/Sept cashback category available - it's Home Improvement Stores and Amazon Smiley Happy

"You're signed up to earn 5% Cashback Bonus on up to $1,500 in purchases made at Home Improvement Stores and at Amazon.com from 7/1/16 (or the date on which you sign up, whichever is later) through 9/30/16. Home Improvement Stores are defined as home improvement retail stores, lumber/building material stores, paint/wallpaper stores, hardware stores and lawn and garden supply centers. Amazon.com purchases include those made through the Amazon.com checkout, including digital downloads, Amazon.com gift cards, Amazon Fresh orders, Amazon Local Deals and Amazon Prime subscriptions and items sold by third party merchants through Amazon.com's marketplace. Purchases made using tap-and-pay, mobile or wireless card readers, virtual wallets or similar technology may not be eligible. Rewards are added to your Cashback Bonus account within two billing periods. See Cashback Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for more information about your rewards.

Amazon, Amazon.com, the Amazon.com logo and the smile logo are registered trademarks of Amazon.com Inc. or its Affiliates.

Your rewards never expire. We will credit your account with your Cashback Bonus balance if your account is closed or if you have not used it within 18 months."

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Re: Did you signup for Discover 5% category for this quarter?

Yep. Going to use discover to pay for my prime subscription!!!! Good ol' discover. I'm guessing the final quarter will be amazon and department stores. Smiley Happy
My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 2 of 8
eddie84
Valued Contributor

In addition to that, I also received an email from them for 5% CB bonus at Six Flags and SixFlags.com.

Message 3 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I signed up, but I don't think it'll get much use.   I already use SallieMae for Amazon; without the double cash back, there's no incentive to switch to Discover.   I also don't generally make purchases at home improvement stores.  I may stick Discover in the SD for the quarter, unless they give me a 0% offer or something.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I signed up, but I don't think it'll get much use.   I already use SallieMae for Amazon; without the double cash back, there's no incentive to switch to Discover.   I also don't generally make purchases at home improvement stores.  I may stick Discover in the SD for the quarter, unless they give me a 0% offer or something.  

There's an advantage for Discover that I have not seen in others (don't have all the cards so cannot speak for everyone). If you order Burlington gift cards, we get $25 value for $20 worth points in Discover. This makes it $1.25 for every one dollar. My Capital One, Barclay Rewards and Chase Amazon can only give 1:1 ($25 equals $25).

This is one of the reasons I use Discover. Anyone has similar experience with other cards?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I ask where you activate the bonus categories? My BF has the card and plans on using the Amazon next quarter. His card is only a month old and didn't activate the bonus category this quarter, but spent like crazy for the bonuses. I guess he's out of luck?

Message 6 of 8
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

I don't know whether or not he's out of luck. Theres a cut off date to sign up for the bonus categories. To activate simple go to "Cash back bonus" (something to that effect) and activate it. It should say 5% bonus.
My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MoneyBurns wrote:
I don't know whether or not he's out of luck. Theres a cut off date to sign up for the bonus categories. To activate simple go to "Cash back bonus" (something to that effect) and activate it. It should say 5% bonus.

Thanks so much for the info. I'll pass it along!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.