Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did your CSR come in the nice box?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did your CSR come in the nice box?

I got mine today and was very disappointed that it came in a plain envelope. I see the unboxing videos/photos from others who had the nice box presentation. My Ritz came in a really nice box back in 2015 and I saw a smaller type box in all the photos for the Reserve late last year, and this year. What's up with this? Does anyone know?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Did your CSR come in the nice box?

@Anonymous wrote:

I got mine today and was very disappointed that it came in a plain envelope. I see the unboxing videos/photos from others who had the nice box presentation. My Ritz came in a really nice box back in 2015 and I saw a smaller type box in all the photos for the Reserve late last year, and this year. What's up with this? Does anyone know?

Thank you.

When I first got the Reserve it came in a plain envelope, then when I got a replacement card a few months after it came in the blue box you see in videos. I guess it depends on their supply of boxes.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 8
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

Does it really matter what it came in just so long it works? A plain envelope costs less than a nice fancy box meaning, in theory at least, the bank should have more money to give me an auto CLI.

I've had one or two cards come in nice, fancy boxes. Makes it a pain to open and get the card out. Envelopes are much easier and much more environmentally friendly.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's hit or miss. Some report a nice box others are getting an envelope. I think it's what Chase has in stock at the time they're sending your card.
Message 4 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Berk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

Does it really matter what it came in just so long it works? A plain envelope costs less than a nice fancy box meaning, in theory at least, the bank should have more money to give me an auto CLI.

I've had one or two cards come in nice, fancy boxes. Makes it a pain to open and get the card out. Envelopes are much easier and much more environmentally friendly.

Next you will be saying it doesn't matter if the card is metal!   

(I agree with you)

Message 5 of 8
Berk
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Berk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

Next you will be saying it doesn't matter if the card is metal!   

(I agree with you)

Oh, it better be metal! Actually, the vast majority of the time my cards stay in my wallet. Everything is either through Apple Pay or my card is already on my account so no physical swiping or chip processing goes on. I love it that way. I'm not interested in impressing people with what cards I have either. It's none of their business.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just recieved mine yesterday in a plain white envelope. Apparently they send a nice welcome packet after? Anyways, I could care less about what the card is made out of or how it's packaged, I just want those points!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awe now come on, yes metal doesnt make a difference on weather i get a card or not. BUT having my ritz card sitting on the table when im out with colleagues or other business people I do feel better. Knowing that they have better cars and houses I like having the "Oh your card is heavy factor".
Now with the box deal yes the cards and the pamphlets could all fit in a envelope, but getting a BOX just seems to bring back childhood "Christmas" openings.
So yes i get cards for my personal uses but i do LOVE the ☆☆☆☆☆ treatment that the special cards bring.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.