Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT - new design!

tag
Silverspy
Established Member

Re: Discover IT - new design!

If you want to keep the card but not have the MAG stripe work discover can freeze it for you. However the card number would be the same, so it can still be used online and stuff.
Message 51 of 64
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Oh, my... This card is beautiful. Just got it in the mail today.

Elegant. Simple. Clean. 

I actually like that the letter "O" is silver.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 52 of 64
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I got mine today it's okay mat finish like my old one. I like that the color will stick out though.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 53 of 64
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Yah, just got mine today also.  It's really nice!  Gotta use it more now. lol Smiley Very Happy

Message 54 of 64
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

Just got it...Not a fan.  I'm going to keep using the original blue one.  Looks much better imo

Message 55 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Note, you can have the previous card frozen until it expires. Take a look on your "account profile" and then "manage cards". You will see all cards during the current active expiration period. There is a number in the lower right corner of your Discover it Card called a sequence number and this is how Discover controls cards and whether they are active or not. When they first issue a card it says "new" but does not work. When activated it says "active" and if you ask Discover to turn it off it will say "freeze".

Message 56 of 64
samm90
New Contributor

I just got my mixtape. I wrote daft punk on the white part.
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Message 57 of 64
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Not sure how I missed this thread!

Discover IT - Blue was the reason why I wanted this card... It's been one of my "ooh wee" cards =P!

Just ordered this design as it surpasses Blue by like 100x ^_^ Thanks!

Message 58 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do NOT want all of your Discover Cards "active" you can contact Discover and request that a "freeze" be put on them and as Feather_Hat said, you can destroy them. Note, you can login into Discover go to "Account Profile" and then click on "Card Management" where you can review all cards issued during your current Discover Card expiration period. Also, Discover has card control by the sequence number located in the lower right hand corner of your card.
Message 59 of 64
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
If you do NOT want all of your Discover Cards "active" you can contact Discover and request that a "freeze" be put on them and as Feather_Hat said, you can destroy them. Note, you can login into Discover go to "Account Profile" and then click on "Card Management" where you can review all cards issued during your current Discover Card expiration period. Also, Discover has card control by the sequence number located in the lower right hand corner of your card.

+1

Message 60 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.