Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Regular Contributor

Discover card MIXTAPE

Hello all,

Does anyone have a photo of how the front of this card looks in person? I am curious if it is a basic plastic, or a heavier type, like my discover it blue card.

I need a new one and I don't know which one to get.

Probably between the mixtape, ocean, and copper.

WIsh they would drop a black card!

Thanks guys

Regular Contributor

Re: Discover card MIXTAPE

My wife has the ocean card and it looks good. I have the cityscape card and it looks a little cartoonish compared to what they show online. These cards aren't as heavy as the textured solid colored cards either.

I'd love them to drop a black retro card!

Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex Blue Cash ($1K), Discover ($11K), Cap 1 Union Plus MC ($2500), Chase FU Visa ($5500), Chase CSP ($9K), FCB/Elan MC ($5K), Buckle ($1300), BofA AAA Rewards ($12K)
Super Contributor

Go into your Discover website and look up "Manage" then click on "Manage Cards" and you can scroll through the many offerings. You can have more than one card at a time with the same account number etc..
Starting Score: 824
Current Score: 829
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Google has some nice shots here

ChargedUp wrote:

My wife has the ocean card and it looks good. I have the cityscape card and it looks a little cartoonish compared to what they show online. These cards aren't as heavy as the textured solid colored cards either.

You mean the old black w/ orange lettering?  Strangly, I wouldn't mind that one myself.  Smiley Surprised

Perhaps it's just me being sentimental, but I like the classics.  Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

UncleB wrote:

ChargedUp wrote:

You mean the old black w/ orange lettering?  Strangly, I wouldn't mind that one myself.  Smiley Surprised

Perhaps it's just me being sentimental, but I like the classics.  Smiley Very Happy

Sometimes I search vintage credit cards on eBay, just to see what's out there. Tons of interesting old designs from BankAmericard (pre-Visa days), Discover, Diner's Club, etc. 

I would say that Chase and Citi have the ugliest vintage designs. I had a Citi Platinum Select Mastercard in college, and it looked boring and cheap. The 20K limit helped numb the pain a bit Smiley LOL

Starting scores: 552 EQ, 570 TU, 558 EX Current scores (9/1/17): 727 EQ 748 TU 731 EX
Highlighted
Super Contributor

UncleB wrote:

ChargedUp wrote:

Share your sentiments. Also, had a Citi Bank Platinum Select MasterCard which was ugly but it opened the door to my credit rebuild after eight yeaars on the deseert.

Starting Score: 824
Current Score: 829
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor

DeeBee78 wrote:

UncleB wrote:

ChargedUp wrote:

Sometimes I search vintage credit cards on eBay, just to see what's out there. Tons of interesting old designs from BankAmericard (pre-Visa days), Discover, Diner's Club, etc. 

I would say that Chase and Citi have the ugliest vintage designs. I had a Citi Platinum Select Mastercard in college, and it looked boring and cheap. The 20K limit helped numb the pain a bit Smiley LOL

I love the old designs too, the charge plates are so cool.  Isn't it hilarious how we have went from metals cards, back to metal?!  Quite ironic.

EQ 730, TU 730, EX 720. INQs EQ-2, TU-13, EX-12 AAOA 4yrs Util 3% Inspiration: Themanwhocan's Cash Back Charts
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

jfriend33 wrote:

DeeBee78 wrote:

UncleB wrote:

ChargedUp wrote:

I love the old designs too, the charge plates are so cool.  Isn't it hilarious how we have went from metals cards, back to metal?!  Quite ironic.

Yes! The OG black and orange Discover card! My mother had this card since 1986 (I sooo wish she had added me as an AU!) We used the hell out of it on our vacations so that card has always been associated with good times in my memories!

I did drop a hint to Discover on their FB page that I'd like to see the original black/orange card come back

Discover card original.jpg

Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex Blue Cash ($1K), Discover ($11K), Cap 1 Union Plus MC ($2500), Chase FU Visa ($5500), Chase CSP ($9K), FCB/Elan MC ($5K), Buckle ($1300), BofA AAA Rewards ($12K)

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.