Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card MIXTAPE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover card MIXTAPE

Hello all,

Does anyone have a photo of how the front of this card looks in person? I am curious if it is a basic plastic, or a heavier type, like my discover it blue card.

I need a new one and I don't know which one to get.

Probably between the mixtape, ocean, and copper.

WIsh they would drop a black card!

Thanks guys

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover card MIXTAPE

My wife has the ocean card and it looks good. I have the cityscape card and it looks a little cartoonish compared to what they show online. These cards aren't as heavy as the textured solid colored cards either.

I'd love them to drop a black retro card!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go into your Discover website and look up "Manage" then click on "Manage Cards" and you can scroll through the many offerings. You can have more than one card at a time with the same account number etc..
Message 3 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

Google has some nice shots here

Message 4 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@ChargedUp wrote:

My wife has the ocean card and it looks good. I have the cityscape card and it looks a little cartoonish compared to what they show online. These cards aren't as heavy as the textured solid colored cards either.

You mean the old black w/ orange lettering?  Strangly, I wouldn't mind that one myself.  Smiley Surprised

Perhaps it's just me being sentimental, but I like the classics.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 9
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

You mean the old black w/ orange lettering?  Strangly, I wouldn't mind that one myself.  Smiley Surprised

Perhaps it's just me being sentimental, but I like the classics.  Smiley Very Happy

Sometimes I search vintage credit cards on eBay, just to see what's out there. Tons of interesting old designs from BankAmericard (pre-Visa days), Discover, Diner's Club, etc. 

I would say that Chase and Citi have the ugliest vintage designs. I had a Citi Platinum Select Mastercard in college, and it looked boring and cheap. The 20K limit helped numb the pain a bit Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

Share your sentiments. Also, had a Citi Bank Platinum Select MasterCard which was ugly but it opened the door to my credit rebuild after eight yeaars on the deseert.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

Sometimes I search vintage credit cards on eBay, just to see what's out there. Tons of interesting old designs from BankAmericard (pre-Visa days), Discover, Diner's Club, etc. 

I would say that Chase and Citi have the ugliest vintage designs. I had a Citi Platinum Select Mastercard in college, and it looked boring and cheap. The 20K limit helped numb the pain a bit Smiley LOL

I love the old designs too, the charge plates are so cool.  Isn't it hilarious how we have went from metals cards, back to metal?!  Quite ironic.

Message 8 of 9
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

I love the old designs too, the charge plates are so cool.  Isn't it hilarious how we have went from metals cards, back to metal?!  Quite ironic.

Yes! The OG black and orange Discover card! My mother had this card since 1986 (I sooo wish she had added me as an AU!) We used the hell out of it on our vacations so that card has always been associated with good times in my memories!

I did drop a hint to Discover on their FB page that I'd like to see the original black/orange card come back

Discover card original.jpg

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.