Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover color accuracy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover color accuracy

When Discover first started issuing chipped IT cards, I and a few other people noted that the chipped cards appeared to be darker (and generally uglier) than the website indicated.

Was that more widely reported as being the case? And, if so, has Discover gotten back to issuing cards in their older, prettier colors?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover color accuracy

seems a little smorgasbord
Message 2 of 8
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I have noticed no difference aside from the chip and the coloring of the word IT. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Lol totally irrelevant to actual credit cards forum

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 8
alkaline
Regular Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

I have noticed no difference aside from the chip and the coloring of the word IT. 

I recently requested a design change to (EMV) Spruce, the "it" is orange contrary to the picture of the EMV Spruce card on the website and what other people have experienced. Related: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Discover-it-Spruce-EMV/td-p/4226349

Message 5 of 8
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When Discover first started issuing chipped IT cards, I and a few other people noted that the chipped cards appeared to be darker (and generally uglier) than the website indicated.

Was that more widely reported as being the case? And, if so, has Discover gotten back to issuing cards in their older, prettier colors?

The look of the card doesn't matter to me all that much as long as it works when you swipe it...lol.

Personal:

Business:

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My spruce is more grey than dark green. You have to look hard at it in good light to find any green. The tab is orange.

I know it doesn't really matter, but design changes help me garden until it makes sense to start going for bonuses.

Message 7 of 8
alkaline
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My spruce is more grey than dark green. You have to look hard at it in good light to find any green. The tab is orange.

I know it doesn't really matter, but design changes help me garden until it makes sense to start going for bonuses.

Mine actually looks kind of black unless it's under light.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.