cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do people on treadmills think you want to hear them blather on incessantly?

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Do people on treadmills think you want to hear them blather on incessantly?

Just curious.

I remember how guys would take cell phone jammers to the gym, back in the day. It seemed excessive but people are worse with cell phones than ever before.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Do people on treadmills think you want to hear them blather on incessantly?

That and when guys come up to girls on the treadmill and start talking to them.  IMHO none of them are working hard enough since the only thing their mouth should be doing in a good workout is sucking in air or water.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 6
FrugalRican
Blogger

I remember a day when I could play a full basketball game without someone checking their phone or stopping play to have a conversation with someone who called. Those days are long gone now. I agree with the gym one. And it's never a normal conversation either, it's always something personal and that should be kept as such. One day I was on an elliptical and was hearing someone talking about this rash they had.........

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 3 of 6
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I'm pretty much of the idea that technology is making us too self-absorbed. I'd love to be a physician prescribing ant-anxiety drugs in a few years. Kids literally have no concept of downtime or living without electronic babysitters, LOL!

Few weeks ago a bunch of us were studying in group and one chick kept checking her FaceBook account. Of course, being the polite person I am, she was called out on not paying attention and being rude to us all. Smiley Happy Was feeling generous and added why I feel it's one of man's lamest innivations.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
FrugalRican
Blogger

I'm so glad I graduated from college before the Facebook explosion.

I'm sure my parents are glad my sister and I grew up before the iPad/iPhone/Social Network propagation.

I remember a day where my biggest annoyance at the gym were the people who wouldn't wipe down the machines or the guy who was grunting excessively so that everyone would look at him.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a gym rat myself I have some pet peeves people do that drive me crazy. Oddly enough cell phones or checking facebook and all that doesnt bother me. As long as they are not tying up the machine or in my way I dont care.

Two things that just drive me crazy though:

1. People who slam the weights around, or drop them on the floor making a lot of noise. That is how the weights break and I hate it. No reason to do any of that.

2. Lazy people who don't put the weights away. Just leaving the dumbells on the floor instead of putting them back on the rack, or leaving all their weights on the bar for the next person to put away. Pick up after yourself. Come on man were you raised in a barn?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.