Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you ever want to giggle at CK?

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Do you ever want to giggle at CK?

So I have poor approval chances for Double Cash and Blue Cash Everyday Smiley Tongue Smiley LOL Very good approval chance for Chase Freedom and a fair chance at getting Discover IT. All cards I already have.. thanks for the laugh, CK lol. Not like I didn't take you seriously anyway. 

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you ever want to giggle at CK?

I only use credit karma for credit card review, never actually used it to check my credit scores. and I hate their tv commercials with PASSION

Message 2 of 29
Shock
Established Contributor

the commercials are okay..but people who arent inclined will assume its a legitimate score...sigh. thats what i hate. 

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 3 of 29
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Shock wrote:

the commercials are okay..but people who arent inclined will assume its a legitimate score...sigh. thats what i hate. 

They win out of technicality! There is a difference between a "credit score" and a "FICO score". So they are technically not lying in their ads when they say you get a free credit score. The thing is I have my own credit scoring algorithm too, that I am trying to convince lenders to adopt. It is "if bankruptcy = false, score = 850"

Anyone want to find out their " free credit score" from me? Smiley LOL

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 4 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

@Shock wrote:

They win out of technicality! There is a difference between a "credit score" and a "FICO score". So they are technically not lying in their ads when they say you get a free credit score. The thing is I have my own credit scoring algorithm too, that I am trying to convince lenders to adopt. It is "if bankruptcy = false, score = 850"

I think you have to jazz it up a bit (and don't reveal the algorithm!   You'll have people gaming the system, by, e.g. not filing for bankruptcy)   I think all scores that I have seen are integers.   Imagine offering issuers scores to two places of decimals:  "Not all borrowers with a 700 score are alike!  Now, with 14Fiesta-LTL 14 score you can tell the risks from the profitable,  Know if a potential customer has a 700.12 or a 700,95!" etc

Message 5 of 29
skigirl916
Established Contributor

They can't even monitor correctly for me.  They show me having 30% utilization.  Haven't been that high since 2012... and the math just doesn't add up.  They also say I have a F as to inquiries.  Says 6.  4 of those 6 are 1 month away from being 2 years old, so only 2 should count.

And my score is 50 points lower than my lowest FICO.

It's crap.

Oh, and it says my chance of approval for Venture and Freedom are "Poor."  Umm, I have those cards - just got 'em, too! 

Message 6 of 29
chalupaman
Super Contributor

CK is decent for being able to keep track of accounts and stuff but their recommendations can be quite wacky sometimes. I remember when they recommended me the Chase Freedom back in May and I tried applying for it and got denied right on the spot! Two bureau HPs on EQ and EX for nothing.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@Shock wrote:

I think you have to jazz it up a bit (and don't reveal the algorithm!   You'll have people gaming the system, by, e.g. not filing for bankruptcy)   I think all scores that I have seen are integers.   Imagine offering issuers scores to two places of decimals:  "Not all borrowers with a 700 score are alike!  Now, with 14Fiesta-LTL 14 score you can tell the risks from the profitable,  Know if a potential customer has a 700.12 or a 700,95!" etc

enough credit mumbo jumobo! take my money and give me credit score!

Message 8 of 29
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

"if bankruptcy = false, score = 850"

Of course technically this would end up with a blank score since you are assigning and not comparing.

Or are you covertly showing us one of the many major flaws in CKs algorithm?

Sorry. Programmer. Couldn't let it fly. LOL. Smiley Wink

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 9 of 29
elim
Senior Contributor

@Firehorse wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

"if bankruptcy = false, score = 850"

Of course technically this would end up with a blank score since you are assigning and not comparing.

Or are you covertly showing us one of the many major flaws in CKs algorithm?

Sorry. Programmer. Couldn't let it fly. LOL. Smiley Wink

ELSE Score = "650"

End If

Exit Function

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.